Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CalendarUI element showing different date format for different locations

I have an input field with date calendar in my webdynpro Java form . User can select date from this calendar and fill the input field. For this I have used input field in my layout and have binded this with one context attribute of type date. Say name of this field is requiredByDate

Now when I build and deploy my code, I can see the the required By date field and user is able to select date values from the calendar button next to the input field. The format of the date selected is mm/dd/yyyy.

However , when a user tests this application from other location say Malaysia, for him the format is coming as dd/mm/yyyy after selecting the date from the calendar.

Just want to know ,is there is difference in date format for differnt locations ? For India, when you select the date its showing mm/dd/yyyy and for Malayisa its showing dd/mm/yyyy.

Is there anything we can do by changing our system settings like timezone or dateformat in system settings.

I am using standard UI element and binding it with context element of type date.

Need your advice or help on this..

Thanks and regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question