cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to take up SCM Certification. However, I am not sure how to start preparing for the process. Could you please guide me with this ?

Which books to reference ?

Which sites help in the process ?

Which areas to concentrate on ?

Are there any test sites which help in the process ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

Ranjini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about SCM-APO certification? There are so many certifications. Please be specific. Decide form this link

http://www.sap.com/usa/services/education/certification/findexam.epx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am particularly interested in SCM APO Certification.

Regards,

Ranjini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajini,

For certification, you need to be thorough with the SAP course material for DP, SNP, PPDS and CIF. It used to be just Dp, SNP and CIF but I think SAP blew this out of proportion by adding PPDS to it.

Please don't ask me how to get the material. You can try your own sources or take those expensive training classes. Please search for courses and exams in the above link that I provided.

If you are planning to take the training classes, I suggest you have an understanding of each component and then go to the class or else you can end up thinking that you understood things there and forget them in days.

I think the secret is to be though with the questions at the end of each chapter in SAP's recent material. They repeat most of the times int he exam.

This forum is an excellent source of knowledge and when I took my certification, I learned only 30% from the books and about 30-40 percent from this forum.

Apart from these, you can try other good book that you can find when you search this forum with the keyword "certification" but really for SAP APO certification, all you need to read is the SAP MATERIAL. That's it... To be able to work is a totally different ball game. I think there is a lot of gap between being certified in APO and being able to work in APO.

Try searching for certification related posts and you will find plenty of them here...I suggest you read through them before asking more questions because I am sure there were so many posts related to certification and they answer almost every question..

If you still have questions, come back here and ask we will be happy to answer.

Good luck.

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

just a quick question I am preparing for the exam can you plase guide whether i need to go through help.sap also or it will come from books only

i was not able to under stand some concept but help.sap is also vast and i dont have that much time

Thanks

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shaiiiil,

Understanding of SAP-APO is must - you can get that understanding either thru reading the book or SAP help or by practising or by your work experience on SAP APO.

I suggest start reading book and at the same time refer SAP-help for the same topic, cover the syllabus at least once. This helps a lot.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish..........

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I thought this is useful information for anyone aspiring to get SAP certified. Sharing with you all -

To appear for certification without attending any SAP course you need to fulfill the following criteria:

1 To appear for Associate level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum 1 year of SAP Implementation Experience or 2 years of Support experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification.

To appear for Professional level certification without attending any SAP course you need Minimum to 3 - 7 years of SAP Implementation Experience with minimum of 6 months experience in the module and version in which you wish to take up certification.

2 The last 1 year should be with your present employer

3 Your present employer should be a CUSTOMER or PARTNER of SAP India Pvt Ltd

Hope this will surely help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Remember, this is a world-wide forum. Rules differ slightly from country to country. Thanks for publishing the rules for India that you discovered in your quest!

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a non-SAP SCM certification ...

[go thru this link|http://www.imrmi.com/faqs.asp]

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjini,

You can use the below site for the various trainings given by SAP.

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/scm.epx

For material reference, you can use the help site from SAP which contains all necessary documents in softcopy

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/12/3dfd81126e1c448c870f335f11d016/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.