cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot View Crystal Report Outside Company (Red X)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just publsihed a website to the web and when I try to run the crystal report from the net I get a red x. Internally it works fine. I copied the Virtual directories from the default website to my extranet site. E.G. Crystalreportsviewer115 and businessobjects.

I use recrystalize which creates the .asp pages with parameters and uses active x plugins. I do not get prompted for the active x plug in outside the company. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jerry Kane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just give it a try by -

Replacing the "aspnet_client" folder from the running machine or from the development machine on server where the reports are not running fine.

Path - c:\ inetpub\wwwroot.

About activex plugin check the internet settings of Activex.

Give it a try by enabling all options of Activex.

Hope this will help!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can view the reports fine on the web server. I can also view the reports fine when I am on my local area network from all the clients. It is when I try to access the report from outside the company through the extranet where I run into the issue with the report not showing. I presume you have to install the crystal viewer via active x but I dont get prompted. I disabled all my security through internet options still no luck. In theory the web server is supposed to handle all these requests and display back the reports that were run.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not mention if the red X is on the toolbars or dynamic images. For dynamic images see this article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0437ea8-97d2-2b10-2795-c202a76a...

For toolbars, see this article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50aa68c0-82dd-2b10-42bf-e5502b45...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this helps but every other time I tried viewing the report internally it prompted me to install active x crystalreportviewer.

Outside the company it doesnt even prompt me. And yes I disabled all the active x options in IE7. One of the images is a graph that is dynamically updated from our back end SQL Server. The other is a report with parameters that once entered should pull data from the SQL server and display the report. I'm really leaning on it being an issue with the crystal viewer. Is there a way I can manually install those components?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Appreciate the response. I tried your first article in regards to dynamic images with no luck. I was a bit confused on granting access to the C:\Temp folder with an asp account. I cannot find the asp account is it a network account? Is it listed in AD?

I did create a new web.config file. When you say comment out do you mean remove? If so that is what I did. Nothing has changed. I am running XI R2.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate the response. I tried your first article in regards to dynamic images with no luck. I was a bit confused on granting access to the C:\Temp folder with an asp account. I cannot find the asp account is it a network account? Is it listed in AD?

- just right click on the temp folder (C:\windows\temp). Choose properties and then go to the Permissions tab. Add the ASP net worker process and give it full control.

I did create a new web.config file. When you say comment out do you mean remove? If so that is what I did. Nothing has changed. I am running XI R2.

- can you give me the specific page(s) you are refering to?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gentleman,

I fixed the problem. I took three of the files (.dll) from the server and registered them on my client in windows\system32. The client would not install the active x so I manually installed and it worked. Thanks for the help!!

crviewer.dll

swebrs.dll

sviewhlp.dll

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for letting us know the issue is resolved. It's a rather unconventional solution (e.g.; this should not have been the issue in the first place (the dlls missing)), but let's keep our fingers crossed.

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Check local permissions, those activeX control should have been sent down to the client PC from the server and then registered. Possibly the local users Profile ahs been modified no to allow this functionality.