Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-use items already used in PO "A" for another PO ? :-(

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Im really stucked on this. In SRM 4.0, when the purchaser guy creates a PO with items from SC "A".

These items (from SC "A") dissapear from his inbox, so... he cannot create a new PO using those items from SC "A".

I have a real problem with this, because sometimes the vendor tells me 2 weeks after that hes not able to give me those products. So, I need to create a PO for a new vendor using the same items from SC "A".

What should I do in order to enable this ?

Thanks a lot for your help !!!!

Kind regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Nice earing from you, you're right I'm a little busy right now ...

Concerning your scenario, here is how I'd solve this.

A user REQUESTER creates a SC 'Shopping Cart A'?

One or several users approve the SC (Approver1 to ApproverN)

A PO 'PO from SC A' is created and issued to 'Supplier 1'.

The supplier rejects the PO (POR can be issued either by the Supplier or any Buyer that has access to the POR transaction available in SRM 4.0)

Your request is to have the REQUESTER or a Buyer to issue the PO to another Supplier 'Supplier 2'.

The REQUESTER has access to the SC as a model to recreate a SC with a different supplier, but then, the SC gets into the same approval process before beeing issued to the new supplier.

The Buyer can change the PO (but I think it is not a good process).

The Buyer can also create directly a new PO in SRM (in case of Standalone or Extended Classic scenario), but I think he cannot use another PO as a model in the standard transaction (a specific development can be necessary here).

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys !

Thanks for your reply Vadim ! yes, you're right about my request:

1. How can I change the vendor for an already sent PO ?

or

2. How should I do in order to "used items" appear in SoCo ?

Maybe my most important question: Is this the standard behavior or.... am I doing something wrong ? =(

Thanks !!!! 😃

Regards,

Diego

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Let's say that doing a new SC with the "old /ordered SC" functionnality is the way i have seen other customers doing this process.

kind regards,

Yann

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann, Thanks.

Buh.. =( that seems that the new SC will follow the approval workflow again =(

Anybody has another option for solving this ? =(

Thank you !

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yann, a quick question.

An SRM guy told me here in Mexico that this could be solved with SUS ?

He said, with SUS the vendor can confirm/cancel PO's and their items, so.. if the vendor cancel an item, these item appears again in BBPSOCO1 transaction (Sourcing Cockpit).

I dont have SUS licensed, so.. I cannot make a test, do you know if this is true ?

Thanks for your help man !

Regards,

Diego

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

What do you mean with "items disappear from his inbox" ?

Kind regards,

Yann

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

I mean:

1. These items doesnt appear in tab "Worklist" in transaction "bbpsoco01" (Carry out sourcing)

Any help ? :S

Kind regards,

Diego

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

It seems logical that a SC converted in Po does not appear anymore in the worklist.

Why don't you reuse the ordered SC (SC A) to send it again to the SOCO.

Kind regards,

Yann

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Well.. its logical if the PO items were supplied. But in this case, the vendor wont be able to supply this, so the steps are:

1. Delete item(s) in the old PO

2. Those deleted items, I would like to use them again for a new PO (another vendor).

Or:

How can I reuse the ordered SC and send it again to SOCO ? (without the approval workflow again)

Any idea ?

REgards,

Diego