cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 JMS Sender Communication Channels polling 1 MQ Queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation where 2 JMS sender communication channels are polling 2 different message type data (via content conversion in JMS) from 1 MQ queue. However adapters are having problem polling the right message from the queue.

Is this something that is not possible?

I know that we can possibly use 2 MQ queues - one for JMS 1 with message type 1 and the other for JMS 2 with message type 2

OR

1 JMS with 1 common message type with 1 MQ queue.

But I want to confirm whether my current situation is suppose to work or not.

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jay

Have you used message selector? please refer to my step by step of wiki document:

This way you can just have one queue to handle number of different message type:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/usage%252bof%252bmessage%252bselector%252bfor%...

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is new to me, but sounds like a smart solution - if it's possible to set the additional attribute for each message type by the sender.

Liang,

have you experienced any negative effects on queue order / serialization or performance with this solution? Does it also work with MQ series?

Thanks,

Kai

Edited by: Kai Lerch-Baier on Apr 1, 2009 3:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kai:

Good question.

I have never experienced performance related issue for this solution, but I did have EOIO problem using BEA JMS queue, eventually I used Web service to handle the EOIO scenario.

I did not do this in MQ series,probabaly they have similar feature to set attribute value, need further investigation with this regards.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Liang,

thanks for the information! Anyway a good solution ;o)

Regards,

Kai

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> I have a situation where 2 JMS sender communication channels are polling 2 different message type data (via content conversion in JMS) from 1 MQ queue. However adapters are having problem polling the right message from the queue.

> Is this something that is not possible?

Maintain different queues for different message types.

The adapters else will just pick the message that comes to the queue first based on the polling time irrespective of the message type. It is not intelligent enough

>

> I know that we can possibly use 2 MQ queues - one for JMS 1 with message type 1 and the other for JMS 2 with message type 2

> OR

> 1 JMS with 1 common message type with 1 MQ queue.

>

> But I want to confirm whether my current situation is suppose to work or not.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Jay

Hope the above replies answers your question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to use specific queues per message type, not heared of any other solution yet:

JMS sender CC1 => MQ queue 1 for Message 1

JMS sender CC2 => MQ queue 2 for Message 2

Your assumption:

I know that we can possibly use 2 MQ queues - one for JMS 1 with message type 1 and the other for JMS 2 with message type 2

OR

1 JMS with 1 common message type with 1 MQ queue.

Both should be possible.

Regards,

Kai

Edited by: Kai Lerch-Baier on Apr 1, 2009 3:00 PM