Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Details for TM

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kicking off with my first TM thread.

I am a technical consultant for SAP and have been working on an implementation project for around 2 years. Now client has introduced TM in landscape and we have some conversions coming in followed by other RICEFs.

I have been reading materials about TM on SDN and help.sap.com. The functional overview is good but I couldn't find technical details. I know a few technical things like it is completely SOA enabled, overview of /bobf/conf_ui transaction.

Please help me understand the technical aspects of this module like how data is stored here, how to access it, how to look for some fields and tables, how are business objects here different from those in ECC.

I have a program to convert scales that has been sent by SAP as a sample. Program uses a lot of classes, none of these classes have documentation available.

Any kind of help about these topics is appreciated. If you have pdf files, then please send them to my e-mail, mentioned in my business card.

Regards,

Anuaag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a functional consultant in TM but following may be helpful :-

SAP Transportation Management uses different technical components for different requirements. e.g.

1. Webdynpro ABAP : If you want to modify/ build NWBC User Interface. You can design/ change NWBC layout, re arrange fields in business object, add your fields to existing object, etc. After you have done modification to Business Objects, you have to modify corresponding BOPF (Business Object Processing Framework) structure.

2. ABAP OOPS : Used to write enhancements, BADI implementation, Queries, ALV reports, etc

3. ADOBE : SAP Transportation Management supports Adobe (interactive) forms. Standard forms are available in Adobe forms format. You can develop custom forms such as Bill of Lading, Delivery Notes, Confirmation Messages, etc using Adobe. Form design is done in Adobe and the Business Objects / Business Object Fields are linked to Adobe form Fields.

4. XI : Interfacing is supported via XI interfaces. Core interface is available between ERP and SAP TM

5. BI: Business Intelligence reports can be developed. Standard content for few report is provided by SAP

6. EDI messages : SAP TM can send and receive EDI messages

Regards

Shailesh

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well thanks for the info. I already know most of the points except the first one. Can you elaborate on that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's suggested to search for SAP TM Enterprise Service Bundles (Packages)in SDN. And then look at it for technical details in ES workplace.

Kind Regards,

Lin, Sen

cam_patters
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, if you have access to this transaction in the TM SAP Gui, I think you will find it very powerful and helpful to identify the structure of TM business objects. Be careful with "changing" data, as this could have significant impacts to your system if you are not sure what you are doing.

/SCMTMS/BO_TEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Cam Patters

Hi Cam,

if you have problems to use the transaction /SCMTMS/BO_TEST it may help to enter (literally):

/n/SCMTMS/BO_TEST

"/n" really means 2 letters: "/" and "n"

Have a nice weekend,

Andre

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anuaag,

I am more a functional consultant then a technical. What I do know is that from the NWBC (NetWeaver Business Client) you can right-click on fields and get more informtion by clicking on 'More Field Help'. Here you can get technical data from that specific field.

The entry from the line 'VALUE' (column Context Path) can be used in making conditions.

I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe this could help you a bit. Good luck.

Regards,

Nico.

Edited by: Nico van Os on Apr 1, 2009 4:59 PM

anuraag_aggarwal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please expand NWBC ?

So far, I am doing same thing (Right on field and go to more help) in web dynpro applications. I have found field names and their details for freight agreements, scales and rates etc.

Regards

Anuraag