cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender business service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have sap to sap integration requirement.Sender is company's sap system and receiver is legacy(vendor's)sap system.I am required to configure business service(instead of business system)at the sender side.

1.Can anyone help me with the steps like what details i need to get from sender system to provide in 'Adapter specific Identifier' inorder to configure business service.

2.Why client is demanding to configure business service instead of business system at sender side.What could be the reason?

Please help with the answers!!!

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Can anyone help me with the steps like what details i need to get from sender system to provide in 'Adapter specific Identifier' inorder to configure business service - Configuration for IDOC scenario in both business system and business service is almost same but in business service case, in reciver IDOC adapter you need to use header mapping and specify the Business service in the sender system details................

2.Why client is demanding to configure business service instead of business system at sender side.What could be the reason? - Because for creating business system, technical system is required in SLD and your client do not want to publish its SAP system's technical details to your SLD.....so your client requires business service as Business service are created in ID and do not need a technical system in SLD for their creation.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your question 2, YOu can define Business system if that particular system is physically located withing your company's firewall boundary(Within your landscape).

In your case, the sender ERP system is out of your landscape. Hence a Business service is to be created instead of a Business system.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana