cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic BirthDay Message On Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a requirement that the Portal should show birth day greetings on the birthdays of the users i.e, as soon as the user logs in, a birth day message should be displayed. I can think of the following senarios:

1. The Masthead Of Portal Should Change on His Date Of Birth.

2. The Portal Should Show a Birth Day Message as a Pop-up Window.

3. Creation of a Dynamic Role, such that as soon as the user logs in, Birth Day role is to be made visible and rest of the time, it would be invisible.

Can some one please assist me that how can I move forward with either of these.

Cheers!!!

Umang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You might try with webdynpro abap application, but for that you need to assign some background jobs or schedular which will validate the date of birth and display the alert using application.

Because on everyday first login it should check for the birth day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh for your response. The option seems quite viable, Can we do it without using abap schedulers? I was looking for something from portal end.\

Cheers!!!

Umang

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the UME data source? If it is ABAP, then give the user a special ABAP role on their birthday. In the portal assign this role, visible as a portal group, to a portal role with an iView with the birthday message.

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

See make thing simple, just develop one application like Birthday Calendar which show the monthwise birthdate and employee name, there you can put common wishes for all.

Here you can use Webdynpro java and ABAP to do it.

As you are asking it might create complications for a big organization, even for maintaining and system performance wise.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you're posting this on 1st April for some special reason!