cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serializing Messages with tRFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send master data from R/3 to XI and from XI to R/3. I would like to post my idocs serialized. Therefore I tried to apply the rules for message serialization but unfortunately as my RFCs are tRFC, defining a queue in my R/3 system is not possile. And what I especially do not understand is that, while the idocs are sent from the R/3 side to XI, they are posted to XI in order but while sending them back to another R/3 system, they are not kept in order anymore. Is this due to the fact that, i did not put them in a queue in my initial R/3 system?And please help me for the resolution of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ekim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ekim,

In addition to partner profile setting(WE20) as suggested by Rajeev, based on your requirement, you may have to define the rule(WE85) which determines the queue name. For more information and other available options please refer to SAP Note "752194 - Serialization of IDoc processing".

In one of my implementation, after evaluating available options, i had to use Object Channel serialization because of the unique requirement. Hope this info helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in source r/3 system, in WE20 when specifying outbound IDOC, tick the parmeter Queue Processing under the Receiver Port in Outbound options tab.....

in XI in receiver IDOC adpater in ID, tick Queue processing parameter.........

in this way the IDOCs generated in serialized order will come to XI from source system and then in serialized order will go to target R/3 system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right - using tRFC it's not guaranteed that IDocs are in the same order. Nevertheless as the IDocs are delivered correctly in order to xour XI you need to process the EOIO (exactly once ion order) within XI. With this feature the serialization will be guaranteed. When then processing them with tRFC to the destination SAP, it may happen that the order is screwed.

An alternative would be qRFC if this is available in source / destination SAP system.

Or you use serilization groups in connection with change pointers. Then a "Start-IDoc" is send - all IDocs follow - and an "End-IDoc" is send. Processing in the destination system will not start until the End-IDoc is received.

Regards,

Kai