cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDI, NWDS and EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a JDI landscape setup at our company and I am wanting to take advantage of it, if possible. What I want to do is use the JDI instance for developing and storing custom developed Java iViews.

Right now we do not have a system in place for versioning and checking in/checking out par files/projects. I was wondering if anyone out there has used the JDI to store java iViews, to use the versioning and locking that SAP provides with standard ABAP programs.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Been there, done that, works perfectly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

This is awesome news... Do you have some insight for me on how to do this? It would be SOOO appreciated.

Let me add some more information to this post. Our landscape is set up in this fashion. We have EP6 SP14 running on a Win2K Advanced Server, JDI 640 SP12 is setup on a HP-UX environment, and of course the NWDS SP14 is running locally on WinXP. Are there any issues posed with not running the portal on the same box as the JDI instance?

Cheers,

Kevin

Message was edited by: Kevin Schmidt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

There is two aspects to this

>Just a source control system for java portal comp development or

>Using the full JDI scenario which additionaly includes build mgmt and deployment

If you are interested in only the first part then it is possible use the DTR and achieve this.

Trying to achieve the second one is much more difficult ,

because in this case you will have to create Portal dcs and adhere to the software component model.

Which one are u lookin for?

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your system setup with the separation of EP6 and NWDI is very good. That way both will not harm eachother performance wise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

Sorry for taking long to get back, was on training.

Anyway, I guess I don't know which scenario we want. Where can I find out information on this, that way I would know forsure. I would like to be able to use versioning and check-in/check-out functionality. Also, if there is the ability to transport from one system to another, like JDD to JDQ to JDP, then yeah, that would be a cool possibility.

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (0)