cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI installation problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, All.

I am performing procedures from 011000358700009389172004E.pdf (SAP NetWeaver '04 SR1 Installation Guide SAP Exchange Infrastructure Release 3.0 SR1)

4. Post-Installation Activities

4.1 Activities for SAP Exchange Infrastructure

Checking sap.com Services

You need to check if the SAP XI sap.com services are running

1. Start the Visual Administrator of the J2EE engine. If you are not sure how to start, see How to start the J2EE Administration Tool [on page 57]

2. Choose Cluster → Server → Services → Deploy

3. In the right frame, select the radio button Application.

A list of the deployed services appears.

4. Check if the following services are running

• All services beginning with

− sap.com/com.sap.aii*

I have found some services are not started, for example "sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.app". When I try to start this service I get <i>"Error occurred on server $$$$$$$$ during startApp sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.app : Application sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.app cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc with type service, which is not active on the server."</i>

The service com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc is not exist in the list of services.

P.S. My system is:

CPU 2 x Xeon 3.4

RAM 10Gb

OS Linux SLES9SP3

DB Oracle 9.2.0.7

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

sounds like the adapter engine is not installed.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Daniel.

I have just reinstalled XI and XIAE over existing system. Both installations finished successfully, but I have same situation as before.

I have found direcrories /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/services/com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc but /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.app

Dates of creation of this directories corresponded first attempt of installation SAP XI.

Message was edited by: Victor N. Balabai

More info from logs and SLDCHECK:

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/applications/com.sap.xi/xi.0.log:

<b>Could not initialize XI properties: unable to get FilePropertySource (file "/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/aii.properties" not found)</b>

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/applications/sld/sld.0.log:

<b>Error#1#com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector#Plain###Can't access http store#</b>

/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/libraries/com.sap.sl.util/SlLogging.log:

<b>Apr 4, 2006 1:40:54 PM com.sap.sl.util.cvers.impl.DBConnector [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_39] Error: get data source CVERS failed! Trying SAP/BC_UME...</b>

OUTPUT of SLDCHECK:

<b>Exchange Infrastructure: Test LCR Connection

RFC destination SAPSLDAPI does not exist

=> Create the RFC destination by using transaction SM59!

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

=> Check SLD function and configurations

Now checking access to the XI Profile

RFC destination LCRSAPRFC does not exist

=> Create the RFC destination by using transaction SM59!</b>

Message was edited by: Victor N. Balabai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You need to maintain the specified RFC destinations so that ABAP stack will be able to connect to SLD. You need to do the same thing on the JAVA stack by setting the exchange profile prameters.

To maintain RFC destinations SAPSLDAPI & LCRSAPRFC, plz refer to configuration guide.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, praveen.

I cannot make any setting from 011000358700001697502004E.pdf (Configuration Guide - SAP XI 3.0) because I do not yet finished post-installation steps:

page 12 of 011000358700001697502004E.pdf (Configuration Guide - SAP XI 3.0):

<i><b>4 Configuration of a Central Integration Server</b>

Before configuring your central Integration Server, make sure that it is registered in the System Landscape Directory (SLD). For this purpose, the required Common Information Model (CIM) objects should have been instantiated in the SLD during the post-installation steps described in the Installation Guide - SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0.</i>

My problem is at the begin of post-installation phase of 011000358700009389172004E.pdf (Installation Guide SAP Exchange Infrastructure Release 3.0 SR1), as I wrote at my initial message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more info from /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSnn/j2ee/cluster/server0/log/system/server.0.log:

<b>Cannot start service com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc; it has hard reference to service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc which is not started.

Cannot start service com.sap.aii.af.cpa.svc; it has hard reference to service sld which is not started.

Service sld error. Nested exception is: com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.frame.KernelResourceBundle', ID='sld_3012', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key sld_3012</b>

May be I use wrong JDK?

I use IBMJava2-AMD64-142-SDK-1.4.2-2.0.x86_64.rpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, All.

I have found solution - best regards to Martin Jaspers ().

Martin, I can not give you forum points because you did not post your message in this thread. Please post any message here and I shall give you 10 forum points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Here is the solution I found:

Please look at note 815605. A new util.jar is attached to this note which I placed in: /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/system

After that I could start the SLD in the VA and also start the Data supplier bridge.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Check in visual admin Whether ABAP Communication service is running , if not then right click on this and start.

Next select deploy in visual admin and services from there start the sap.com/com.sap.aii* services one by one.

Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Subbu.

ABAP Communication Service (Visual administrator\Cluster\Server\Services\ABAP Communicator) was not started.

But after starting it nothing is changed.

I get same error message (Application sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.app cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to resource com.sap.aii.adapter.bc.svc with type service, which is not active on the server)