cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD02 : Previous Master Record Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the customer master data we have this field : "Previous Master Record Number" (KNB1-ALTKN)

here we can enter only one number, is there any possibility to enter more than one number in this field ?

because for each customer i have two or three previous number !

Please advise.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

See instead of using this field you can very well use the search term 2 for maintaining the previous master record number.As we have done the same in our previous project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, Please "search term 2" is a field or what, can you more explanation on how do you have run that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search term2 is a field that you can find in General data.This is the field you can find in Address tab.

It is atext field.It is having the name as "Search term 1/2".Beside that you can find two text boxes.One is for search term1 and the another is for search term2.

But in the search term 2 you can enter only upto 20 characters.

If you have 3 numbers then 1 you can enter in "prev. account number" filed and the other two you can enter here.

If you have more many number then it will not be suitable and you have follow the change that was suggested by me in the earlier post.

After maintaining values for this field you have to intimate to your project team that this is the value that is stored in search term2.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Search Term 1 you can use in Customer Master General Data for a short description of the customer for easy searching. For Eg: Dell Corporation Search Term: DELL

Search Term 2 is usally not used so i was asking whether is it ok for you to use that field.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thought - how about using a text field? Possibly one of the standard delivered or create one just for this purpose. I'm referrring to what's available under both general and sales data views (extras>>text).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a standard functionality we can enter only one number we can enter in this field "prev. account number".

If you want to enter the multiple values then you have to contact your ABAPer.It is possible to enter multiple values for that field.

Only thing is you have to ask your ABAPer ask him/her to change the code "SAPMF02D".

But it is not suggestable to change the standard code.

Even if you want then copy it and store it as the program name starting with "z" letter and use it after making that change.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

there are lots of other field which normally not used, check the General data Tab, which you may use as per your requirement.

as per standard SAP you can maintain only one no. in the field Previous Master Record Number.

Regards

Amitesh