cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unneccessary page break on FIRST page table item, in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a strange problem, in printing table data in Smartforms.

I have a Loop inside one of the cells, which is meant to print out lines of long text, inside the table cell.

The problem occurs when I have a very long text, which normally cannot fit on a single page.

I expect the table to write out as much data as it can fit on the first page, then break the page and continue with the same item, on the second page.

What happens is, the first page comes out blank, because the item cannot fit, but then the second page writes this item out partially, makes a page break, and continues writing the same item on the third page, until it is done.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I don't want this blank page, rather just write out what can fit, and continue on the next page! This is happening on pages 2 and 3, but for some reason, it won't do it on pages 1 and 2.

I don't have any page protection enforced, on any page or element in the Smartform, both First and Next pages have the same properties, output options, conditions, etc.

Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated

SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Have u defined the next page in the first page for the nextpage attribute and same way in the next page the next page as next page.

check for it....u may have not linked the first page with next page....so the first page is getting printed blank.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you be able to share what your solution was please. We are having exactly the same issue and would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I solved it a while ago, and though the page linking wasn't the problem (this is the first thing I do when I create a form), your efforts are appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem you are facing might be because in first page general attributes you had not defined next page as page 2 ..as you are saying the desired thing is happening oon pages 2 and 3 but not for 1 and 2

so from this it seems that linking of pages might be missing.

Hope it helps you

RICha