Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data transfer through IDOC in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have posted an IDOC through LSMW to update an table. The indicator also shows green, which means the IDOC is posted successfully. But, the table is not getting updated.

Any suggestion on the above will be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate the scene. Also see the message returned after posting the IDOC.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Hi,

The scene is, Ia m trying to post an IDOC through LSMW to update table PA0000. I am changing fields PERNR,MASSN in table PA0000.The message class is HRMD_A and the basic Type is HRMD_A06.

When I execute the 14th step-Start IDoc Processing, Iam getting a message like 'No inputs selected'.

But in the 15th step, I see IDOCS created with green indicator

Also the table is not updated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In step 11 Convert data: check which radio button is selected under Output type.

If first radio button 'Create File' is selected then you need to go to step 13 Start IDoc Generation.

If second radio button 'Create IDoc Directly' is selected then you dont need to go to step 13 Start IDoc Generation. Directly goto step 14 Start IDoc processing.

I think your problem lies in convert data step only. Refer above mentioned points. Select a proper radio button. I will recommend select first radio button 'Create File'. Then proceed in the same manner.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Hi Brajvir,

I am selecting 'Create File' only. Everything is well and fine with LSMW. But the table is not getting updated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have said,

I am changing fields PERNR,MASSN in table PA0000.

But as PERNR is primary field of table PA0000, you can't change PERNR value of a particular line in table PA0000. I think this is the reason behind error 'No Input field selected'.

I must suggest you should create a new entry instead of changing the existing one.

Hope this one solves your problem.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Hi Brajvir,

Very sorry for making you to misinterpret my statement.

Actually I am changing MASSN value for particular PERNR.This is what I meant.

In this case, it should be able to update the table.

Even If I change a PERNR value, it should take it as new PERNR, if it does not exist.In such case also, it should be updated in the table.

Correct me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right on wat you have mentioned in the post, n thanxs for the clarification.

Now I can only suggest this, check whether you are passing all the necessary data like other primary fields, changed on date like this.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Hi Brajvir,

I tried updating the record in table PA0000 using all key fields.Still the table is not getting updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scene is, Ia m trying to post an IDOC through LSMW to update table PA0000. I am changing fields PERNR,MASSN in table PA0000.The message class is HRMD_A and the basic Type is HRMD_A06.

When I execute the 14th step-Start IDoc Processing, Iam getting a message like 'No inputs selected'.

But in the 15th step, I see IDOCS created with green indicator

Also the table is not updated.