cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion of PR into PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirment, where I want to restrict the end users from creation of PO as they like, they should only be able to create a PO with reference to a PR or RFQ, please tell me steps to achive this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

One option is available. In the below link u can select PR filed mandatory. If u opt for this u cannot create PO without PR.

SPRO - SAP IMG - Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Define Screen Layout at Document Level

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below path in SPRO:

Materials ManagementPurchasingPurchase Order--Define Screen Layout at Document Level

Here you can make PR field mandetory.

This is a work around and in this case user will not be able to create PO with out PR at all.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Use Release strategy without classification for PR and give user rights to particular user who wants to convert PR to PO.

Regards,

Prashanth Pai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

Please read the question once again. He is asking Po creation will be allowed only with proper PR.

So, He need to do the configuration as per the post above. The release strategy will not work out here.

Regards,

Mohammad Ali.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the PO document type field settings in IMG - MM - purchasing - purchase order - document type settings - make PR as mandatory.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Praveen,

Your answer is really helpfull, I have go to MMPURSHASING-PURCHASE ORDER-DEFINE DOCUMENT TYPES--I have selected link PR but after that I am little bit confused, please guide me from there, I want to set that link to standard PO document type NB

Thanks again for you help.

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the document reference for your purchase order document type (NB) in IMG - MM - purchasing - purchase order - define document types and for that reference document type (say ex NBF) set PR as mandatory in Define Screen Layout at Document Level and also for ME21n field reference.

Thanks