cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Content not Refreshing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created some iViews on MDM content that work just fine until I went and changed my MDM repository structure. Basicaly I removed a field called Notes of type Log and replaced it with a field called Notes of type Lookup (Qualified Multi Value).

I tried to remove the field on the iViews, saved the iViews and previewed and it worked. I then logged of and re-added the field in the iView, saved and tried to preview, but I get the error:

Error occurred: null (com.sap.pct.mdm.appl.masteriviews.utils.IViewRuntimeException: Error performing populate. 
Error getting the record: com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Field not found,  com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: Field not found) (see log for details)

Any clues on how to resolve?

Kind Regards

Charles de Jager

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

I have observed that whenever repository schema gets modified, it does reflect in iViews.

E.g. I have created a Resultset iView with 5 fields, now i have deleted one field from the repository which has been reflected when i opened the Resultset iView but when I preview it, an error message get displayed and i have noticed that the property Resultset Fields still has the entry for that field because of which the error was thrown.

The solution is just update the resultset iView by removing one field and adding it again which updates the property Resultset Fields. Now when you preview the iView you wont get the error message. This is working for me.

Kindly test it once and update us as many of us are facing this issue and seems better than restarting J2EE engine.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Loading the repository with update did not resolve the issue. Any clues on how to refresh the PCD content without having to restart the system?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

If you have made any change in your MDM repository and its not getting reflected in your portal.

Then trying unloading your MDM repository in Console and Load it with Update Indices.

This should reflect your updated data model in MDM and portal.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Once you make any changes in the repository you need to restart your Portal Server to get the changes reflected.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz