cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solving a < NAME CLASH >

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anyone know how to solve a < NAME CLASH >.

When I right-click the file there is no selectable entries under 'Resolve Conflict' in the context-menu.

I got two files that has the < NAME CLASH >. One is .dcdef in the component folder and the other is the MyComp.wdapplication file in the 'src\packages' folder.

My component is made by creating a new project similar to another one - and then going to the src folder of the old component in the 'Navigator' and copying the entire content to my new project. I do that because I need all of the functionality of the old component - changing the application/component/window names.

Hope that anyone has experienced the same and might have a solution on how-to fix the < NAME CLASH >.

Best regards,

Kell Vagtholm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kell,

Welcome to SDN!

To Copy projects or DCs use the following [thread|] or this [thread|;.

Regards,

Siva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kell,

Just try to rename the web dynpro component and the web dynpro application. Then do a DC build.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thanks,

Sonali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KV,

Refer thread

Kind Regards,

Nitin

PS: Also, you can go to Navigator view & delete gen_* folders & the content gets re-generated when you do Project Rebuild.

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Apr 2, 2009 2:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That is pretty much what I have done.

But for some reason when I right-click the project name and select 'Rebuild Project' from the context-menu, the result is two errors:

---

Kind Status Priority Description Resource In Folder Location

Error This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type java.lang.Object (typically some required class file is referencing a type outside the classpath) PackagePointer.java DID_Mobile_Dguidiamarchit.com/gen_ddic/datatypes/com/marchit/model/types line 1

Kind Status Priority Description Resource In Folder Location

Error The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for java.lang.Object. Fix the classpath then try rebuilding this project. DID_Mobile_Dguidiamarchit.com

---

For some reason it lose some classpath references that are in the old project. And whenever I go to the project properties adding the external JARs again - they disappear - it will not keep them there.

I think I might delete the entire project and start over again.

But thanks anyway for your suggestion.

Best regards,

KV

Edited by: Kell Vagtholm on Apr 2, 2009 10:55 AM