cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track the records which are failed to import into repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

When i am trying to import the records using importserver. Some records are failed to import. i just want to know where we can find the failured records and reason for its failure. will be there any montoring mechanism or log file.

Regards

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandher,

In case of importing through import server , you need to check the StructuralX folder.In case the import server fails to import the records, the file moves from ready to exception folder.Also check the data manager and compare which records failed to import.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandher

We have a similar situtaion.And though we can find the log of what happened we cannot find the records that did NOT import in any folder within the port.

Did you change any import manager configuration for your imports?

We are using "tab"delimited text files and I am able to import manually or by using the ports in a manual way.Automatic way is not working.

Just looking for some ideas

regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yugandher,

Whenever you import in MDM through the Import server,it imports in Chunk size and if you have one failure record within that chunk,the entire chunk fails.

Whenever a record fails through Import server MDM Import server moves that file in the exception folder which is stored in the same location as the Ready folder.

You can have 3 main types of exception

- Structural

- ImportX

- Value X

To find the reason of exception occurance you need to manully process the exception file through Import manager,If its a Value or Import exception it will promt you the error in the Import stage itself.

If it is a Structural exception it will generate a report at the end of the import you can read this report to track the error.

Else you can use the Log folder in Server or the Reports table in Console to monitor the entire process.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

When i am trying to import the records using importserver. Some records are failed to import. i just want to know where we can find the failured records and reason for its failure. will be there any montoring mechanism or log file.

Yes, you can view the failed record and also the log file for the same. Using the MDM Import Server, you place a file in the inbound Ready folder. Next to that folder, you will find the folder->Exceptions.

GO to the Structural Exception, you will find the Failed record moved there.

For studying the Log, next to the Ready folder, will be another folder - Log Folder. You can open the relevant Log file from there and understand the reason of the failure.

You can also view the log entries detail (each step )of the import process and monitor from the repositoryu2019s Reports table in the MDM Console.

For understanding the Exceptions and troubleshooting, go to link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Go to-> MDM Import Server

You will find all the necessary details there.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain