Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy for Credit Note un the QM Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good SAP Guru's,

I have a very important question for you:

Is it possible within in the QM module (Transaction QM12) to implement a Release Strategy based on the value of the credit note to be created.

This should work on the same lines as the Purchase Order Release strategy.

Any guide lines and/or assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leslie

We had done a similar kind of development in notification, not for credit memo though , but certainly can be incorporated in this case.We had done this for approving Short shipment and devaitions. If there has to be short shipment to be sent to a customer a notification will be trigered to manager and if he approves it will go for higher approval.

Please find my suggestion for this development

1) Make 3 task codes. for eg Task 1 for credit note is for less than u20AC500.00 . Task 2one for more than 501 and Task 3other one for more than 2001.

2) According the need of the credit notes to be created let the user assign the task and release it.

3) For task no 2 and task No3 a workflow triggers to the corresponding roles Sales manager & General Manager. ( please note that notifications are workflow freindly and standard workflows are available for the same)

4) if Manager wants to approve he can make the Task Complete. ( Notification tasks have 4 stages, outstanding, release, complete, Succussful)

5) Based on the status of the task you can make use of the action box in notification for creating the credit memo.

6) The credit memo creation will have to be developed. You will have to get ABAP support for this. They can either do it through user exit, or call transaction , and incorporate the same in the Action box of notification. (QQMA0001: User Subscreen for Notification Header, QQMA0014 Checks before saving notification )

please let me know your apprehensions

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirment is , user wants release strategy as per task , activity wise means Task assigned person shoulld not allow for activity like that. pl input your idea.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Transaction QM12 allows the end user to view/change all QM notifications.

From this transaction it is possible to create and post a credit note for any amount of money, I want to put in place restrictions similar to thoses that are available in the MM Release Strategy, that is:

If the credit note is for less than u20AC5000.00 then the end user can create and sen the note.

If the credit note is greater then u20AC501.00 but less then u20AC2000.00 it must be approved by the Sales manager.

If the credit note is for a sum greater then u20AC2001.00 the it must be approved by the General Manager.

We have such a procedure set up in SAP for the Purchase order Release Strategy and use "Workflow" to in form the relevant managers that there is a document they must approve/release.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Leslie

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leslie

Please clarify the Tcode . what is the bussiness process for which you need this

Regards

Gajesh