Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard Input Help on a table column.

ankitjain10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Requirement is to provide a Standard Input Help on a Table Column in Web UI. The Context node is a Value node and that column should be in editable mode.

And how can I get standard search in Web UI that is available in GUI for searching the Transaction No. in T- Code CRMD_ORDER.

Pl. help.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

If you are asking about DDIC search help, then you need to use method GETV_XYZ of the context node attribute.

Have a look on below written code:

data:

ls_map type IF_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR=>GTYPE_PARAM_MAPPING,

lt_inmap type IF_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR=>GTYPE_PARAM_MAPPING_TAB,

lt_outmap type IF_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR=>GTYPE_PARAM_MAPPING_TAB.

ls_map-context_attr = 'struct.countryorigin'.

ls_map-f4_attr = 'LAND1'. ( Search help Parameter, in your case it will be Transcation no.)

append ls_map to: lt_inmap, lt_outmap.

create object rv_valuehelp_descriptor type

CL_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR

exporting

iv_help_id = 'H_T005_LAND'

iv_help_id_kind = IF_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR=>HELP_ID_KIND_NAME

iv_input_mapping = lt_inmap

iv_output_mapping = lt_outmap.

Regards,

Saurabh

ankitjain10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I tried with your solution, but as I mentioned earlier that I am using Value Node, because the data is stored in a Z table and not in a standard table. So, how to proceed in this case. Also I am not able to make my table column editable or Input enabled.

Also I am following the Cookbook for F4 help but that is only for Model Node.

Do I need to use Table Iterator to make my column editable??

Thanks & Reagds

Ankit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

padma_guda
Participant
0 Kudos

First, make sure that the field is an input field.

In the corresponding context node class, implement the get_v method of the attribute. A utility class has been created to simplify the definition of F4 Help -

CL_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR.

Check out the implementation of this class in any of the standard code, that will guide you. Also, make sure that you have defined the input and output mapping properly.

The input mapping defines the search criteria that is used and output mapping defines in which fields the selected values have to be transferred.

Hope this helps!

ankitjain10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

The field is in disable mode and it is a column of a table. So, to make that field a input field, do I need to use Table iterator? and also this node is a value node, can I provide input help on the same or I have to use model node only.

Thanks

Ankit

padma_guda
Participant
0 Kudos

First, make sure that the field is an input field.

In the corresponding context node class, implement the get_v method of the attribute. A utility class has been created to simplify the definition of F4 Help -

CL_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_F4DESCR.

Check out the implementation of this class in any of the standard code, that will guide you. Also, make sure that you have defined the input and output mapping properly.

The input mapping defines the search criteria that is used and output mapping defines in which fields the selected values have to be transferred.

Hope this helps!