Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.1.1 installation default JVM change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Greetings.

We are trying to install NWDS 7.1.1...by default it takes the JVM version as 1.4 and hence it shows us an error message saying "JVM version 1.5 or higher is required".

we have JDK 1.5 installed in the system. it would be great if anyone can guide us in changing the default version from 1.4 to 1.5.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

R u sure you have JDK version JDK 1.5 installed cross check it once

start>Run>cmd-->Java -version you will get to know your java version installed in your system

Just check where is your java installed in your system

I would be some thing like this

<Drive>:\J2sdk1.5...

Now My computer right click properties>Advanced>Environement select user variable click on New enter varaiable name JAVA_HOME and variable path as your java home <Drive>:\J2sdk1.5... in the same way in the sytem variable also you define it

Hope this will help you

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you provide me your OS version ?

If it is windows you can change it in the environement variable

My computer right click properties>Advanced>Environement variable there you can point it to the Old version of JDK 1.5

You can also refer Note 575774 - Installing new JDK

Let me know if needed more information

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. My OS is windows and I tried in Environmental variables, but I couldn't find any pointer to the JDK in it. could you please clarify me?

Thanks and regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You have to set the Environmental variable JAVA_HOME and PATH for the JAVA installation.

The variable PATH should be set to <new JAVA_HOME>/bin.

Keep this new PATH variable before the old PATH variable.

Regards,

Yoganand.V