cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Counter measuring point & measuring point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please any of expert will clarify what is the basic difference between counter measuring point & and measuring point, and how and what reading in counter measuring point like, what are control over reading and annual over reading

Thanks&Regards

N.Chandrasekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor

Hi

Counter measuring point - you can define for running hours, energy meter reading... where the reading will increase day by day...

Counter flow reading - you have to maintain a reading.. if ur counter is 5 digit so max reading can be entered is 99999... ok.. if u have maintained the value in the measuring point counter... until u give 99999.. u can enter the reading.. or it will give a error or warning message

Annual estimate.. you maintain for a year.. how much a pump will run...

Measuring point : is the position, where the measuring has to be taken... if u have define a pressure gauge in a pump.. which reading has to be maintained.. you can maintain it.. the reading can be same or less or more.. according to the input...

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pithan,

Suppose my annual running hrs is 9000 running hrs.. Ok there i will enter 9000 ok in creting measuring point i will leave M as it is counter measuring point, .. If suppose i will take a reading every month 1000... as, 1st month... and 2000 as second month.. Ok in measuring document i have 3 optoins where i have to enter these readings ,,,? and last is in creting a counter measuring point there are two tabs like... 1st is annual rdng I will enter annul areading there as 9000 and ,what is counter reading and what shall i enter there......?

Please clarify me.

Thanks&Regards

N Chandrasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All those three reading are:

1) Counter reading: present counter reading you need to enter(which is appeared at meter/flowmeter etc)

2) Difference: once you enter the counter reading you will get the reading there over as the difference between previous counter reading and present counter reading. suppose u entered X in counter reading Y will be display in Difference i.e Z-X =Y where Z is previous measuring reading.

3) Total couter reading: This reading will be present counter reading almost same to what you enter in couter reading.But in some cases it may be higher than that too why because counter may be replaced are made zero for some purpose etc. even though the previous and present reading will be counted here.

Other than this annual esstimated reading will be given by u while creating measuring point.

This will be usefull in Maintenance plans to calculate the maintenance plan date to create the Maintenance order.

In addition to this counter overflow reading too is there. this will be used when the counter reading crosses the maximum limit.

Regards

Srinivas

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are creating a measurement point...IK01

if u want to maintain counter measurement point.. u have to place a Tick in the Measurement point as Counter, then only measurement point will resemble as counter...

You have to maintain the annual estimate... for a year 365 * 24 = 8760hrs,

It is Counter flow reading - it is nothing but the max value to which the counter reach Ex : IF ur counter has 5 digits - - - - - the max value will be 99999 .Give the characteristics and Save.

When u are creating measurement docs.. IK11

You need to enter only the Counter Reading... So the difference will be calculated from your previous reading.

In counter reading u have to enter the "reading u have noted down from the pump or the counter etc"

I dont think there are 3 places u need to enter the reading...

Revert me back

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan,

Thanks very much for giving me the reply with a detail discription.

Thanks to 1 and all who ever others given me clarification.

Thanks&Regards

N.Chandrasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan,

Thanks very much for giving me the reply with a detail discription.

Thanks to 1 and all who ever others given me clarification.

Thanks&Regards

N.Chandrasekhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sundar_desai2
Active Contributor

Hi Chandrashekhar,

Take an expanple of bike speedometer which consists measuring point as well as counter.

The odometer which counts the kilometer reading cumulatively is counter. It shows the total kilometer reading for bike had run.

Speedometer which shows the speed of bike is a measuring point. It shows only value of speed at that instance.

Annual performance reading is used for counter. It means annually conter may run that much value.

Sundar

Former Member

Hi Chandra

Basic difference between counter measuring point & and measuring point

Please note Measuring Point can be either a parameter value or a counter.

Parameter value - Target based that has the Upper range and Lower range for this measuring point.

On creation of measurement document for this & reading falls outside the range can be used to trigger a malfunction notification

Counter - Used for trigerring Preventive Maintenance Work order based on its Measurement document

In perform a Performance - Based (eg - you want to do preventive maint based on the running hours of an Engine ) Preventive Maintenance of a technical object you need to have this counter Measurement point with 1) Counter Over reading -The maximum reading the counter can run after which it restarts from zero 2) Annual estimate - How much reading you estimate to run per annum

On creating of single or Strategy,Multiple counter plan with this Measurement point & on creating of Measurementdocuments it will trigger the call objects so you perform prevetive maint against those orders

Former Member

Dear chandrasekhar.n

counters Measuring point is the measuring points which records the meters reading. e.g. Hours meter reading, Distance meter reading. In this case system tracks the differenve between last reading & current reading.This can be used in multiple counter based maintenance plan to track whether the condition for equipment is crossed or not.

Normal measuring point is measuring point which will record only particular point reading e.g. Temp. reading at particular time. here no difference between two reading will be calculated. This can be used in condition based maintenance plan to track whether the condition for equipment is within limit or not.

i hope this will satisfy the quary.

regards