cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How restrict certain material for certain production order type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

For some special reasons,we want to restrict certain material for certain production order type.

That means for certain material,we can not create production order of certain type.

Forexample ,we can not create production order type M101 for material ABC by Tcode CO01.

But for all the orther production order types,we can create production orders for this material.

For example ,we can create production order type M102,M103 and so on for material ABC by Tcode CO01.

How to realize this ?

How to restrict certain material for certain production order type?

Thanks for any reply!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was also facing the same issue few days back. Please refer the link

Hope this will solve your issue. Please check with your ABAP consultant for further activites.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For ur reqmnt i can suggest u .You can create different pocess order type to each material .Aling with u have to create different production sheduler as per ur reqmnt .U have to assign this scheduler to respective process order type .After that in material master work scheduling view their is one field production scheduler select ur respective production scheduler as per ur product .EX -for FERT -1 order type u create is ZP11 , create production scheduler Z11& assign this scheduler to order type ..Then *select same scheduler in work scheduling view for ur material FERT-1 in material master.Then this ur FERT -1 will be restricted to only scheduler Z11 & order type ZP11 only One more important is user that going to handle that material can assign only pro order type ZP11 only .So what will u can expect result that FERT -1 will be restricted to only ur desire order type & ur specific user .Or user is handiling more than 1 material then u can give autharisation of all order type also .Sp plse chek this definately work fill u & fullfill ur reqmnt .

for any further input come back

Thanks & regards

SANIL

Edited by: Sanil Vadke on Apr 1, 2009 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try Field exit, executre the program RSMODPRF and in the Field exit for Dataelements screen dont give any input and execute. Define field exit for production order type(Data element-PI_AUFART).

Kindly get help from technical consultant they can write code to restrict Material and order type combination.

Regards

S.Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tejas Pujara,

I have tried what you said, create Production Scheduling Profile M101 in OPKP,and assign this profile to material ABC in Work Scheduling VIew.

But when I create production order of production type M102,M103,M104 and so on for material ABC, still I can create and release the order.

It seems assign certain Production Scheduling Profile to certain material does not work!

Or there is something wrong with my setting?

Would you please tell me more details about that?

And I also want to know if there is restrict certain material for certain production order type by Customizing in IMG?

Not by ABAP development?

Thanks for any reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note, OPKP settings helps to default values, but does not restrict the user from changing.

muthusamy_sankaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, you need to activate user exit or BADI

You can't control this by SPRO configuration, consult your technical person on this.

Regards,

Sankaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For such a custom specific need you will have to work with user-exit / BADi.

PPCO0007  Exit when saving production order

Use the above user-exit & inside this make your custom checks. But for this to work i believe you will have to maintain a Z table giving the matrix of material nos. & allowed order types, so the exit can do a check & then proceed to save or put out a message saying not possible to create the order.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, there is no restriction for certain material for certain order type in Std SAP.However you can have the same by creating new Production Scheduling Profile in OPKP with maintaining required order type in it and then assigning this profile only to certain type of materilals in Work Scheduling VIew.So your purpose will be served.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,

Tejas