cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define own colors for charts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another short question concerning graphs.

Bex gives a fixed set of optional colors for charts, however I need some other colors in order to fit with the given style guide.

I know that it is possible to use a picture, however I am looking for a way in order to define my own colors for charts.

Anybody got an idea?

Greetings,

Nana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nana ,

you will still have to contend with colors similar to excel...

Go to chart properties ,

Right click on the data series and choose the color , it will be a tab.

I am assuming you are on BI3.5...

Arun

Assigning points is a way of saying thanks you in SDN...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that, however I was looking for an option in order to define my own colors.

As I understand it, it seems that this is not possible.

If anyone knows something else, please let me know.

Greetings,

Nana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nana,

Using other colors is possible, but bit difficult to guess what the colur output would be.

In WAD, double click on chat and at one stage in wizard, you will see the option of color properties where you can specify RGB content (RED GREEn BLUE) to get your desired color.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

This sounds exactly like what I was looking for, however I have to admit that your description is rather not specific.

Could you explain me where to find it in a little more detail?

Thanks,

Nana

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the properties for the Web item (tab) in WAD under the subheading specific, edit chart property's value column there is a small button like F4 button click on it to open the chart editor and in step3 you can specify the custom colors for your chart

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got to the area where I can use "edit chart" and define the colors for the graphs, however I am limited to a given set and I can't find the "custom colors" area in step3. Which version are you using?

Regards,

Nana

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you choose the color from the F4 (it is not exactly called custom color) and this will place a value something like RGB(115,183,88 - this is editable and you can change it) in the color column.

if the options available within chart designer for choosing the right color, then you can use some external tools (like front page) to get the RGB code and place the same in the color column

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that I do not have a color column....

I can choose a color in the chart designer and I also get to the same option when using the wizard. <i>I am not sure if it is the right wizard as I have never used the wizard for chart editing before. How do you open the wizard to edit an already existing chart?</i>.

In all the menus I can't find any place where I could add RGB. I have my RGB code and everything, I just need to enter it somewhere, so no external tools needed.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nana,

You can right click the chart on the WAD and Edit it. In the edit screen (assuming you are not going through the wizard) you can choose the columns (taking example of a bar chart) by looking at the data series...your will find Series1, Series2, etc depending on the number of coluns you have in the chart. Once you select Series1 (top right), then in the bottom right box you can see the properties...you can find the RGB option in Area.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bahanu

I don't have the RGB option. I get to the point where I can select data series, however I have no box at bottom right. Does anybody know if this might be a feature of a new /current version or why don't I have it???