cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clustering In SAP system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helleo Experts,

I want to install the SAP -Solaris/Oracle PI 7.1 in Solaris Clustering technology

1.Could someone tell where I can get the material to understand the clustering concept and configure the SAP system installation.

Thanks and Regards

Elumalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked in service market place.

www.service.sap.com/instguides

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response..

Yes I red the installation document on PI 7.1. I have till handled standalone installtion.

I never installed Clustering on SAP system.

I want to know the concept and how to implement clustering on SAP systems

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In clustering basically there are two nodes or two servers

SAP and database services are avaiable on both the servers,But SAP runs on one server and database on another server.

so suppose if one server goes down then the services of that server will automatically move to another server.

This is also known as high availabilty.

You can also customize this,

you have SAP running on one server and your database server is clustered or vice versa

I hope this helps you understand the concept

Now for implementing this you need to have a cluster solution which will implement this concept

You can have Veritas cluster,MSCS Windows cluster and like this many other solutions

You can get a guide for this on Market place-Look for high availabilty solutions

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the information..

I want to do the SAP Application server as well as Database server clustering.

Hardware: Sparc Enterprise

SAP : Process integration 7.1 (Solaris/Oracle)

Could you please tell me which clustrer solution (method) is better for Spach enterprise machine.

Thanks Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no sepcific cluster method that I would say is very good and you should use it

We implemented Veritas and we found it very good,so you can go for Veritas also.Actually this decision has to be taken by your company management in consideration with you and hardware team and the vendors

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thank you very much..

First we would like to do for testing, then we plan to do it in production system.

My company asked me to do the SAP Clustering and asked me plan.

1.If we go for Veritas cluster, do we have to pay for Varitas software. or Is it free software?.

2. or Is there any free cluster software in marget for testing.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thiru

I dont think there is any free cluster software avaliable in the market for testing as such and of course if you take Veritas they will charge you but normally a guy will come from Veritas and help you during the cluster instllation for SAP,Also they would provide you documents also for the installation

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for for the valuable information. I wanted to give points to you.

I couldnot find the points colum to Select in this mail. Anyway I will check and give the points

I will check with my hardware vendor and will contact you if i need any more help reg this.

Thanks

Thirumalai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can ask the moderator how to give points:)

Rohit