cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDTypeNotFoundException: type java:byte not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I import a webservice I get the following error when I start my Web Dynpro application:

WDTypeNotFoundException: type java:byte not found

(In datatypebroker)

This happens when I import a webservice that contains type xsd:base64Binary. (If I don't map this node to my controller I don't get the error.)

In other posts I read that a conversion using com.sap.engine.lib.xml.util.BASE64Encoder should solve the problem. But the error occurs at startup, before my custom code is reached.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Roelof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R.,

Please try the following: open generated model class, select necessary property and select "Edit".

Now change type from whatever it is to "binary".

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot change the type. When I edit the model class, It does not allow me to change the type.

To be more precise:

The webservice has an import parameter 'FOTO'. This does not appear as a property but as a relation and refers to array_byte.

I can edit the relation (in a popup window), but the only types I'm allowed to change it into are the three nodes under my generated model class: request, response and array_byte.

When I edit array_byte I cannot change the type. There is a property named 'value' of type byte, I cannot change this. I can edit the relation, with the same result as described before.

(When I link the model to my controller context, I get a context node FOTO (cardinality 0:n) that contains an attribute 'value' of type byte.)

I suspect that (Java) Web Dynpro's do not support webservices that contain xsd:base64Binary types.

Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

R.,

Well, is is WebService public?

I mean, can you share WSDL url to let me see what WD generates?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not.

What we are trying to do is upload an image and have the webservice store the image.

The code fragment in WSDL that causes the error is:

<xsd:element name="DT_A01_H07_UPLOAD_IMAGE_REQ">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="FOTO" type="xsd:base64Binary" />

<xsd:element name="PERSNR" type="xsd:string" />

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:element>

Regards,

Roelof

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have exactly the same problem has anyone found a solution?

I saw that one solution is to change the byte[] to a String encodend with Base64, however I do not have the possibility to change the WebService interface, so I have to somehow work with it.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

former_member199223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also facing a similar problem. Has anyone able to solve this before,

Regards,

Shubham