cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Transformations and DataSources in Production System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are working on BI 7.0 engine within Solution Manager.

We had some issues with DataSources initially while transporting BI Objects from Devp to Prod. We logged it into OSS and followed their procedure to redo the transports.

In the process, the issue was resolved but 2 New Transformations are created one for each Data Model (since I have only 2 InfoCubes) automatically and is the working model now.

Actual Transformations from Devp became Inactive in Prod and also there are 2 Inactive DataSources which are also from Devp. 2 New DataSources are again from Devp.

When I tried to Delete these unwanted Objects from Prod (I asked the Basis to Open Prod for me though this is not the best practice), it is asking for a Request ID. Also, since the Project has Gone Live already, I am scared if I might disturb the Production System.

Kindly, advise what best could and needs to be done.

Thanks,

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Initially, we implemented BI-HR module with standard content, which 3.x content (transfer / update rules)... in parallel we also did transformations & DTPs (BI 7.0 model).

Since, client wasn't sure with conversation of transfer rules (has lots of routines) to transformations & DTPs . So we transported both the models to prod sys... We created daily load process chains with transformations & DTPs... The actual plan was, if PC loads fails, then to go for manual loads of 3.x model...Fortunately 7.0 models was successful...

Then one month later, we deleted those transfer / update rules and 3.x datasources from prod sys, on the weekend (process chains runs only week days) without any issues...

We captured those deletion requests and deleted them from SE09 by unlocking them in SE03.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We've deleted the requests and re-done the transports. It is working fine now.

Thanks for your time.

Chandu

former_member208595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to transport those inactive objects from Dev box once again.