Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration steps for ICM and ICF for WebDynpro

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts :

I am new to WebDynpro, I have created one application (a very simple one, with assistance from net). But when I am trying to run this one, I can oly see "Can not display this page". I think there might be some ICM and ICF configuration is required for this.

Can any one, help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Kuntal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

Need to add the IP address in host file.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Need to add the IP address in host file.

You know you really shouldn't need to do that. Sometimes you see that suggestion if this is a temporary sandbox or trial system installation; but for a real ABAP AS, it would be rediculous to go around to every client machine and add the IP address to the host file. The real solution is to have your network administrators do their job and setup a proper DNS entry for the server.

Telling someone that they should add their server IP address to every client's host file is like telling someone with an amputated arm they just need to put a bandaid on it. Just silly!

So the short answer is that the majority of these steps should be on the server. There are some suggested settings for your browser to control security and error reporting; but the critical configuration steps on the server are all listed in the help document I linked to earlier.

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas - I got your point. This is really silly thing, I know. Just for your information this is an, sandbox system, probably this need some more configuration. I am not a master in WebDynpro. I have just tried to added the IP in host file. No one told me to do this (I have worked in BSP, there I have done the same thing to work with sandbox server). I have done this and it worked. So, I have closed the thread. I am not suggesting anyone to follow this. After all, I am an ABAPer not a basis person, I couldn't interpreted, properly, the document which you suggested.

Though thanks for your reply. One point I really like to know, which configuration is responsible to add the entry in host file?

Kuntal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Though thanks for your reply. One point I really like to know, which configuration is responsible to add the entry in host file?

That's the thing with putting the IP address in the host file; there is no entry on the server that takes its place. As I said the correct solution is to have your network administrators setup a DNS entry for the server. Adding an entry to the host file gives you access to the server, but no one else in the network. Fixing the problem at the source by setting up DNS solves the problem for everyone, permanently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuntal,

Please check in tran. code SICF under default_host->sap->bs->webdynpro->sap-><Your WebDynpro application name>is active or not.

If its greyed out you need to right click on it and choose Activate service.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Abhinav

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

@ Thomas - I had seen that document. From there only, I got some idea what we need to configure something for ICM and ICF. But didn't get how I should configure this. Is it required in local system or in SAP.

@ Abhinav - I have tried the same. Everything is in place. But still I am getting the same error.

Thanks

Kuntal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to complete all the steps in that document as described. I don't understand by what you ask: "Is it required in local system or in SAP".

Read the setting steps as described. Almost all of them are configuration steps to your ABAP Applications Server that your Basis administrators should complete.

former_member376453
Contributor
0 Kudos

I like to know, if there is any local setting need to be configured or not. Local setting means the PC I am using, is there any setting is also required for that.

Kuntal