cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whitespace under a crosstab

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Cross-tab and while in design mode it takes up about 2 inches (height). In preview, as long as there are enough rows to go beyond 2 inches, the cross-tab and objects in the next section appear right under it and all is good.

However, if there is not enough rows to get passed 2 inches as in the "footprint" of the cross-tab in design mode, then there is a white space in the preview mode below the cross-tab in the section that has the cross-tab. The white space is the balance of whatever the rows don't fill and I cannot get rid of this. It is throwing of the section below because it appears a void between the cross-tab and the objects below.

Thanks in advance for your Help!

-Marty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try right clicking on the section that the crosstab is in and select Fit Section.

If that doesn't work let us know what section the crosstab is in and what sections are following it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried "Fit Section" and the space below the cross tab is still there. See below:

-

GH1c

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

: :

: Cross Tab : (Note: Totals are suppressed)

white space only when crosstab has one row

-

GH1d ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

: Another Cross Tab :

-

This is how it is.

-Marty

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best workaround I could come with was to reduce the height of the total cells to the minimum value and then disable the Show Cell Margins option (right click > under grid options)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK... I tried this and still have a little white space. However, I finally tracked down what is causing it, but don't know how to get around it. It appears when I "suppress" any of the totals. It can be the Subtotal, the Grand Totals or the Column Grand Totals.

Here's the setup of the cross tab from the Cross-Tab Expert:

In the Rows: there are two Fields

In the Columns: There is one Field

In the Summarized Fields: there is one Field, a "Max" of the field

In the Customized Style,

It's here what creates the white space and only when one line (row) is returned in the cross-tab. If I suppress any of the totals, the white space the size of a row will show up.

Note: the row total seem to leave the smallest

Any ideas... I'm clueless.

Answers (0)