Urgent issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW folks ,

I have following issue,

In BEx designer ,

When the Sales Doc type = ABC and Item Catergory = XYZ

then that Order is called 3 rd party .

When the Sales Doc type = ABC and Item Catergory = Excluding XYZ , then that Order is called Standard Type.

When Sales document type = PQR the Order is called Rush type and when sales doc type = LMN then the order is called Free type.

Now we have a strcutre in BEx designer on all above things.

We are displaying the Sales figure for all above areas ( 3 rd part, standrad type, rush type and free type order ) of an Order.

Now the problem is if an order is falling under standard type then it is displaying the correct Sales figure but the 3 rd party , rush type and free type area's remain empty.

I want only the area( standard , 3 rd party,free,rush) to be displayed in the report in which the order falls.

So what to do in this case ?

Best Regards,

Amol.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Create a structure with 3 rows,

1.standard , (when doc type is ABC and Item Catergory = Excluding XYZ and exluding remaining all doc type)

2.3 rd party(Doc type = ABC and Item Catergory = XYZ)

3.free(doc type = LMN and excluding remaining all)

4.rush(document type = PQR and exluding remaining all)

hope it helps.

Regs,

Vachan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VACHAN ,

Ok i will try this and will tell you reply.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VACHAN ,

How could restrict the Doc type = ZBC and at the same time exculde all other doc type .

We have more than 50 doc type out of whic only doc type

ABC,LMN and PQR are useful for the report.

Best Regadrs ,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you say Doc Type = ZBC, the rest got excluded automatically.. am i missing?

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hari ,

you are right . But the question is different.

Please see my replies to Eugene and the second more detail explaination posed by me

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Your requrements are not clear.

Please describe the query structure.

As I understood it now, you may have in rows whatever you want? In the KFs structure you have 4 columns for different types?

Please clarify what you may have in rows (if KFs are in columns).

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eugene ,

I have posted the same issue in this forum again under the subject ' BEx structure issue ' before 2 minutes.

U can have a look at it.

Best Regards ,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol,

Is it possible to change the query design:

Sales doc and/or item category in rows and 4 columns for sales figures with different types?

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eugene ,

The user do not bother about which is the sales doc type and item category .

He just want the Sales figrue in Colums and the related area like Standard , 3 rd party, rush ,free type.

He do want the emplty sales figures to be displayed in the report for the areas like 3 rd party, free, rush when the order falls under the Standard type.

Best regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eugene ,

The user do not bother about which is the sales doc type and item category .

He just want the Sales figrue in Colums and the related area like Standard , 3 rd party, rush ,free type.

He do <b>not</b> want the emplty sales figures to be displayed in the report for the areas like 3 rd party, free, rush when the order falls under the Standard type.

Best regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

I am not sure I understand you..( You explained the

design very good.. but.. ). Are u looking for at the same time all 3 columns should be displayed with out blank?

try removing sales doc type and Item category from the rows and see..

is this what you are looking?

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Do you mean that you have 4 columns for std, 3rd party, rush and free types?

Since the types are mutually exclusive (the order may belong to only one type), and you show data for each order, then you always will have one column with figures and the other three with blanks.

Or I just didn't get your reqirements?

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eugene ,

Thanks for quick reply.

There is a structure create above Standard type , 3 rd party, rush type and free type with nacessary filter conditions for sales doc type and item catergory.

All these are in rows of Bex designer and when we execute the report we are getting four rows for an order out of which 3 rows shows Empty Sales figure and only one area shows correctly the Sales figure.

The Sales figure is correct .

But i just want to avoid the empty areas from display in the report without creating the Filters over the Sales doc type and item category.

Best Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello EUGENE ,

please see below

Area Order Number Sales

1 Standard Type 123456 77888.000EUR

2 3 Rd party 123456 EMPTY

3 rush type 123456 EMPTY

4 Free type 123456 EMPTY

The user do not want the empty values of Sales to be displayed in the report.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again,

Due to above structure over the Sales doc type and item category the same Order appears four times in the report for each areas like 3 rd party, Standard parts , rush type and free type. It is showing correct Sales figure for one of the area ( like 3 rd party ) but an empty values Sales figure for the rest of the areas like Standard type, rush type and free type .

I just want to know how could i get only that area under which an order falls .

I can not create a filter over sales doc type and item category fields as the user do not want to do so .

The user wants that irrespctive of the Area ( like 3 rd part, rush type , free type ) in which the order falls the Sales figure should be displayed correctly in the repot but there should not be any empty values of Sales figure for an order.

Best Regards,

Amol