cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent SR3 on NW2004s SR2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running NW2004s SR2 on our Solution Manager system. We upgraded component ST-SER to 700_2008_1. The older SMD agent appears to not work correctly with this level according to SAP.

My question is, is it possible to install the standalone engine for SMD Agent SR3 without upgrading our entire system to SR3? (kernel, installation, Java)

We tried doing the SMD SR3 standalone install but are seeing some strange issues.

If anyone has an answer for me on whether I have to upgrade the entire system or not that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution Manager is a combined ABAP + Java installation, components of both must be in sync. It's not advised to install separate support packages or updates for certain components only, there are dependencies between them.

Why don't you upgrade t the latest service pack - for both ABAP + Java? This will avoid lots of compatibility problems...

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Submitted OSS Note and SAP confirmed that Solution Manager SR2 is compatible with standalone engine install of SMD SR3.