Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error while deploying an iView containing BI Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to use a BW Query in my VC.

Using BI Query Wizard, i have selected my query. So, when I preview my output in VC, it is giving the output. But when I am deploying my iView into the portal, I am getting the following error:

Error in executing a process for compilation, .\GUIMachine_Business_Packages\testbi_21817\com.autogen.guimachine.testbi.iView_TestBI\src.core\Iview_testbi_ctl.java:46: cannot resolve symbol

symbol : constructor BWQueryFunction (java.lang.String,com.sapportals.guimachine.ep5kit.Iview_testbi_ctl,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int,int,java.lang.String)

location: class com.sap.portal.guimachine.bikit.runtime.BWQueryFunction

BWQueryFunction BWQGTF = new BWQueryFunction ("BWQGTF", this, profile.getProperty ^

^

("System1"), "/sap/bw/xml/soap/queryview", "ZVC_CUBE", "VCQUERY1", "", 2, 500,"KEY");

1 error

The error says that symbol cannot be resolved, which symbol is it talking about?

Thanks in advance,

Deep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

We add few addons on portal for visual composer.Till EP6.0 sp13 the addons had to be deployed separately onto portal,but since SP14 onwards these come with the portal patch itself and we don't have to deploy the .sda files explicitly for visual composer.

The constructor of BWQueryFunction class which is being generated by the guimachine of Visual composer corresponds to that present in com.sap.portal.guimachine.BIKITapi.jar file present in SP13 addons and hence you get a compile time error when trying to deploy onto sp15 or sp16 portal.

One solution to this problem is to deploy the visual composer addons corresponding to SP13.The jar file com.sap.portal.guimachine.BIKITapi.jar is present in com.sap.visualcomposer.BIKiT.sda file.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Pradeep

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi pradeep,

i assumed something like that... it works now, i hope future portal sp's can work with visual composer again without problems...

thank you very much!

regards,

norbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

First, you need to check if you have installed the VC BI addon. if yes, check if portal component com.sap.visualcomposer.BIKit is started.

it is most likely installation issue. the error means java class (BWQueryFunction) can't be located during runtime.

best regards,

Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

I had deployed Portal addons as well as VCBIKit sda files before.

How to check whether these are started or not?

Thanks in advance,

Deep.

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hello deep,

i have the same problem. have you been able to solve the issue?

the portal-component com.sap.portal.guimachine.BIKit is running, but as i see the signature of the constructor is BWQueryFunction (java.lang.String,com.sapportals.guimachine.ep5kit.Iview_4n_ctl,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int,int), while visual composer would expect it as BWQueryFunction (java.lang.String,com.sapportals.guimachine.ep5kit.Iview_4n_ctl,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,int,int,java.lang.String), i.e. an additional string at the last position which is filled with "KEY" in your case and also in mine.

i am using visual composer 6.0 patch 6 and ep sp16...

regards,

norbert