cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store documents in 3rd party repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Is anyone familiar w/ storing documents (text, pdf, etc.) in a Filenet repository? Currently we have users storing docs in the ecc database (oracle). Since our company already has Filenet for other (non-SAP) document management I thought I could somehow configure SAP to store the docs/images there. I see Filenet has some connector product (one for imaging and one for documents) so does that mean I cannot do myself? That I need a license (and extra cost) for the Filenet connector? Was hoping I could do something without a 3rd party product? Any info on how to get started configuring (or even get started with a DMS ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne

Unfortunately you will need the integration connector to do the job. Alternatively you could use the SAP content server if you want to save money. Most SAP connectors for products (filenet, documentum etc) create a separate repository so there isn't that much benefit to using the connector anyway.

You could manually link the two if you only intend using DMS, by inserting the filenet document url into SAP DMS, but its a longer method an likely to frustrate users.

There are ways of writing your own connector (we've done it for customers before) but it really depends what you are trying to achieve as to whether its worth while.

Regards,

Athol

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

if you want connect to filenet you have to use acsap. that's the filenet component for SAP - you have to pay it extra. it is no problem to connect sap to acsap, but you have to invest (lots of time) to configure acsap itself. we had some problems there.

for our scenarios its very bad, how the documents are imported in filenet. there is no windows archiving client like in commonstore. you have to scan to filenet and trigger the workflow via jco-call from there. the late documentation is standard and supported.

regards,

martin

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

hello there,

We have our ECC 6.0 system sending Outbound SAP documents and Archive data files to Filenet via the ACSAP connector. We have been doing that for years in our SAP R3 systems.

Now we have a need to store other documents like DRW and WORD documents. I would like to store these documents in Filenet as the repository.

Can I just go to transaction OAC0 for the Content Repository DMS_C1 and setup for my filenet repository?

The users want to use the CV01N and CV02N transactions.... and in some cases use the Object Service to connect SAP documents to other documents.

Any help will be appreciated..

thanks,

Deidre Logan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but don't use DMS_C1. Copy the existing filenet repository and create a new one and select Document Management as the storage area.

You will also need to create a storage category in OACT to see the repository in SAP DMS.

The setup for Generic Object Services is different. That uses ArchiveLink as the storage area which is a completely different module in SAP but you can also setup a repository to use it. Will will have to set up document types for every area of SAP that you want to use it.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Dec 15, 2009 10:57 PM

deidre_logan
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a new Repository entry ZDMS and a new entry in tcode OACT... i am still getting an error...

here is the error

Input values must be defined in Table TOAOM. The value or values 'ZED ' are not specified in this table.

When the users are in the CV01N transaction they type a new name for the document and then the document type in ZED is chosen in the pull down.

I am familiar with the data in TOAOM for archivelink... I create an OAC0 entry and then an OAC2 entry and then update the OAC3 entry (which is the TOAOM data).... I am not sure which SAP_OBJECT and AR_OBJECT is being used in the CV01N transaction.

In OAC2 I can create ZED if needed with the document class *dwg?

where is documentation to explain the other steps needed?

thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to store using the generic object services functionality or using the originals tab in SAP DMS?