cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up a recurring workflow for specific user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings experts~

I would like to setup a simple workflow item in 46C via SWDD that is recurring twice daily. I essentially need to remind one specific user to execute two specific transactions twice a day. Very simple I'm sure.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Usually workflow is Event-based and hence an event triggers a workflow.

But your requirement is to send reminders/notifications to a user. For this, you can just write a report and schedule it to run as a batch job twice a day. And in the report you can either send emails/ create alerts or notifications for user.

In fact we dont need workflow for your case. As I said workflow is usually needed when we have to act for a particular event and a human interaction is required. (for ex: decisions like approval or rejection etc).

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Prasanna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes as Prasanna mentioned, if you need to send emails twice a day for certain set of users, it is better to use a report and run as a batch job. You need to collect the users that need to be sent with the data and use FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 to send the emails via the report. Workflow is useful if the emails have to be sent upon a occurrence of a certain event for a business object.