cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1: Central vs. local SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of setting up a PI 7.1. Our landscape has a central SLD (standalone on 7.00 without any other applications on it).

The PI installation guides recommends to use the local SLD that is synchronized with the central SLD instead of using the central SLD directly.

I remember from some time ago - where we tried to get a synchronization running - that is was not that "easy" and difficult to troubleshoot.

I'm not yet convinced to set up a separate SLD (or more than one for DEV, QA and PRD) instead of having one SLD in the landscape.

Are there any known implications (aside from the inability to use the CTC during setup) when we use an SLD of 7.00 together with a PI 7.1?

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Markus,

there are some specific observations regarding PI & SLD 7.00 in a cluster environment.

Check this note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1131811

Notice that for the SLD in PI 7.1 this error does not occur: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1131813

Best,

Henrique.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Holà Henrique,

gracias!

We don't use a "classical" cluster scenario but virtualized using Solaris zones (as failover cluster only, not with two nodes).

My question was more regarding functionality with scenarios - are the implications or any known no-go's for running a PI 7.1 against an SLD 7.00? If the SLD is "just" the storage for Technical and business systems and JCos for WD-Java, then it should work

Markus

richard_simoniii
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any problem, but I prefer a Local SLD for PI 7.1, primarily because I do not yet see the 7.0, Java only SLD being updated. There is no Java only SLD for 7.1 or beyond and I don't know if there is going to be one, either. The other option if you want a Central SLD that will continue to be upgraded is to use the Solman SLD.

The PI 7.1 SLD supports content synchronization while the 7.0 SLD does not. I don't use that function, but if you needed it, you would not have it with 7.0.

Answers (0)