cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Any one implemented SC / PO N-step workflow in SRM 7.0? i am going to implement STM 7.0 N-step workflow for a customer , but when i see the system its totally different then SRM 5.0. Technically.. SRM 5.0 N-step Badi is more easy to add approver in the BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI in approval_index field to add sequence number tp whom it should go first and follow to whom it should go to next. But here i am not clear how to start and where to start. I do have all materials from SAP but i don't find any valid input from material.

Any one implement how to pull approvers from Z table and which badi do i need to implement and how to play around to bring those custom table approvers in to SC approvers. please, your input is welcome more valuable for me to start this assignment.

With Regards,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

There are two options if you are upgrading from SRM 5.0 -

1. Continue using Application controlled workflow - Here we dont need any developments and all the earlier developments of SRM 5.0 can be used directly (for ex: BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI). We just have to activate in customizing to make sure that Application controlled workflow is enabled for PO.

2. Use Process controlled workflow - this uses the new BRF framework. If you go ahead with this, then we will have to redevelop everything with the new framework. You can refer to http://service.sap.com/rkt-srm for more information on this.

In case a huge investment was done in BADI workflow, customer can still go ahead and use the old framework. But note that any new functionalities will only be available in the new BRF Process controlled workflow.

Rgds,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your input. We are implementing SRM 7.0 but not upgrade from SRM 5.0.

So i have to go with Process control workflow path.

First we are going with SLAPPROVER then product category approvers path.. My workflow should first route to SLAPPROVERS then category approvers...I knew that standard BRF is avaliable to find SLAPPROVERS but not clear how to start and where to start. if any one already implemented BRF..please give you thought on this requirement.

With Regards,

John

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find config documents in SAP Solution Manager.

For Technical Reference, please find workflow guide in http://service.sap.com/srm-inst .

The easy way to start Process-Controlled Workflow is activating sample BCSet.

You can use Responsible Resolver like RR_SPENDING_LIMIT_APPROVER and SC_RR_PURCHASING_GROUP.

Regards,

Masa