cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete Statistical Forecasts for components that have no history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How do I delete Statistical Forecasts for components that have no historical data, but the Stat forecast model is still forecasting values for components.

Other than creating a macro to clear the key figure columns interactively in the planning book, where in the model or background job do I activate or set that components without 12 months historical data are not forecasted .i.e. zero values in forecast for these components?

Thanx

Keegan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keegan,

To my knowledge there is no standard way you can tell the system not to forecast if the last 12 periods are zeros.

We have the same issue and we use 3 methods to get around this:

1. A macro as you said

2. Create a phase out profile in life cycle profile with parameters, start date today to some 12/31/9999 and set the "Before start date, apply constant factor" 100% and "After start date, apply constant factor" 0%

and check the indicator " Life cycle planning " in master forecast profile.

This puts zeros for all future values but does not check if the history has zeros in it.

3. Delete unwanted CVCs so that we will not see any issues with disaggregation and junk data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have deleted the statistical forecast using a macro in a background job.

However how do we prevent materials from having a stat forecast, as I am sure that the history is stored internally and everytime the jobs run it does not refresh history values used and thus keeps generating a stat forecast for materials based on unrefreshed history data.

So ideally how do we refresh the history data to be used?

Thanx

Keegan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try options 2 and 3 I suggested? Option 2 takes care of all that.