cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM cannot connect to SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

During the upgrade of my BI Java system (Stand-alone system, Win2K3, Oracle) I am running JSPM and attempting to take it from SPS13 to SPS17. When I enter the 'Deploy Queue' phase, it indicates the proper start and finish version (kernel 7.00.114 to 7.00.175; all other package from 7.00.13 to 7.00.17)

When it attempts to deploy, the system starts to deploy, and in the JSPM_MAIN log I see it issue the command to stop the system and the system does stop (quite quickly actually) and then I see the message in the log:

Cannot stop service for instance DJ5_1. See STOP_SERVICE_01null_01 for details.

There is, however, no log by that name in any of the JSPM log file directories.

Watching the Windows Services for this system, they do not stop, but it makes no difference if I stop them manually anyway, I still get the same message.

I've looked through JSPM logs, SDM logs, the instance work directory, and the Server Default Trace files, and the only indications I see are a normal shutdown:

DEV_JCONTROL

[Thr 11480] Mon Mar 30 16:18:52 2009

[Thr 11480] JControlSigInt: signal = 2

[Thr 11480] JControlIStopInstance: shutting down (command: 0)

[Thr 11480] JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process dispatcher (pid:12260)

[Thr 11480] JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process server0 (pid:12124)

[Thr 11480] JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process SDM (pid:10276)

and in the work directory I find that JCMON can't attach to shared memory, which makes sense if the system is down.

However, the JSPM does then attempt to access the SDM process, after the system is down as well, and cannot:

JSPM_MAIN:

Cannot refresh Deployed Components view. Could not detect deployed components. Could not detect deployed components. Could not access the SDM repository. com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.client.APIRemoteExceptionImpl: Server canabid did not accept login request as admin on port 50118. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server canabid at port 50118: Connection refused: connect

and the final message I get is this:

The J2EE Engine is not running. Start it and then Resume. If the J2EE Engine can not be started you can continue with the deployment.The J2EE engine is in NORMAL mode.

So, it looks to me like the JSPM process actually stops the SAP system, and THEN throws an error when it can no longer connect to the SDM process.

I have already upgraded JSPM to SPS17 version, and also executed this on my sandbox system already without encountering any error.

Any advice/questions/suggestion are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Troy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the status of SDM in MMC?

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDM is down, along with the rest of the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be useful to take a look at dev_jcontrol and bootstrap logs before trying out other options like manual start.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The entry above is from the dev_jcontrol:

"DEV_JCONTROL

Thr 11480 Mon Mar 30 16:18:52 2009

Thr 11480 JControlSigInt: signal = 2

Thr 11480 JControlIStopInstance: shutting down (command: 0)

Thr 11480 JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process dispatcher (pid:12260)

Thr 11480 JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process server0 (pid:12124)

Thr 11480 JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process SDM (pid:10276)"

burt nothing else besides the shutdown process.

and the bootstrap only contains one entry:

"Starting JSPM bootstrap..."

Can you suggest anything further, Manoj?