cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Workflow matching step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem in Workflow matching step. I have user kaushikb assigned to it.

Execution Type: Any Single, Assignee Type: User and Execution Type: Any Single.

Match Record Scope: Records vs Records, Strategy: MDM_NAME.

This Strategy: MDM_NAME is based on 3 rules: MDM_NAME1, MDM_NAME2 and MDM_NAME3.

MDM_NAME1 is done based on transformations MDM_NAME1[XFM], MDM_NAME2[XFM] and MDM_NAME3[XFM].

Now my problem is even after matching and merging a large number of records it is not going to

the next step. Do I need to match and merge all duplicate records? If the Matching process is rerun

the score becomes less as the same records are compared again. After this the link assume gets activated and then clicking it activates the next step.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Match step is an Automated step in the MDM workflow.On selecting this step you need to mention the strategy that needs to run on the records to match them.When you reach the Match step you need to Perform the step to run the mentioned Strategy .

When you Perform the Match step it will display the Matching result provided you select the Matching mode in MDM data manager.

You can merge or not merge the matched records Once your Matching is performed by the system, You can move your Workflow to the Next step which is Process.

When you are selecting Any single as your execution type it means you have more tahn one user for executing this task but you want any single one of them to perform it.

So whenever you have selected Any single as the excution type for any process .The user accepting to perfrom the task needs to Accept the task .

So when User1 wants to perform the task he will have to select Accept and then proceed with the task.

When the owner of the workflow is testing the entire workflow he needs to Assume the task as he is not the Assigned user but the Assumed one.

So if you have build your workflows correctly and moving in step as explained you should be able to select the next step

You can follow the below link to understand the process better:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0be83e4-a1e6-2a10-c1be-8395ae94...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simona,

I know the basics of Workflow Matching Step. There should be a Matching Strategy attached with this

step which is linked with Rules. Rules are based on Transformation. It is not possible for me to update

the thread right now. I will be facing Client Interview in Java Web Dynpro.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

All the Best.

You can have a look at the link attached it could help.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Did you get the solution?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I did not find the proper answer myself.

The assume step should come after matching but it is coming after merging 2 or 3 duplicates records

and connecting and loading the same repository again.

Regards

Kaushik Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

Create 3 users named Admin,Kaushikb and test and give them the Admin role. Now create the simple workflow like Start -> Process -> Match -> Process -> Stop

Set the Execution Type = Any Single and Assigned Users = Admin, Kaushikb and test. Also workflow owner should be Admin only.

Dont change any other property of workflow.

Try to execute your scenario and test whether it is working as expected or not. If yes then you can compare this with the one you are using.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

It is not even mandatory to merge the duplicates. you can simply perform the match and move forward. Perform all the steps by Owner of the workflow and check the process. Also check the Start step of workflow, Send Next Step should not be Owner.

I tried this at my end and its working as expected. You might have set few properties. First check the simple workflow Start -> Process -> Match -> Process -> Stop and only set the Execution type to Any Single and set the users for the step.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik,

The matching step once processed, based on the scores and the duplicates found you need to merge them manually.It is not mandatory to merge.You can directly proceed to the assume step.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz