Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2SE adapter engine monitoring.

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup GRMG monitoring for a J2SE adapter engine in our landscape. I have set up a HTTP RFC destination in SM59. In the HTTP RFC destination, type H, I have specified the "Target Host" (FQHN) the "Service No." (8200 default J2SE installation port) and a "Path Prefix" (/rtc). The security is set to Basic and I have used a PIRWBUSER that I have setup on the J2SE Adapter Engine with role Administator. In the GRMG template I insert the RFC destination.

I have also inserted the ID, ESR, RWB, SLD and the Central Adapter framework of the PI system in the GRMG template, then deployed the template on the monitoring server. I am able to successfully monitor the other components except for the J2SE adapter.

I have to concede that when I test the RFC destination to the J2SE adapter it does not work. I think the J2SE adapter is up, as I can connect to the administrator. Even when I put the url ("host:port/rtc") for the J2SE adapter in my browser, it then request to login. After I have logged in, it gives a error "The Page can not be found".

It would be most appreciated if someone can shed some light on this issue.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved. In the template the scenario name "<scenname>XI_DIR</scenname>" I have changed to "<scenname>PI_DIR</scenname>". And for all the other scenarios. If this is done the CCMS monitor does not pick it up. Once I have changed the scenario name back the problem was solved.

Also the cookies comment above in the RCC destination helped with the J2SE monitoring.

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have now been able to get GRMG not to complain of any of the SAP compontent that I have uploaded via the GRMG template file and this includes the J2SE adapter.

My problem is now that in RZ20 I can not get the JAVA component heartbeats to be displayed. The integration engine are is no problem though.

Any advice to solve this problem?

Regards

Willie Hugo

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

FTS SAP Basis,

Thanks for that advice. However once I have set the "Accept cookies" to "Yes", and once again I do a "Connection Test", the result I get "ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED". Also remember when I try to connect to the URL "http://host:8200/rtc", it requests a login, but then display "The page can not be displayed".

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Willie Hugo

0 Kudos

You need to allow cookies in the RFC destination:

Special options - Accept cookies = Yes