cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman Gurus,

I have configured Service Desk in Solman 7.0 and a satellite system (which is also on 7.0 release) as per the web blog on SDN: /people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies

However I am getting an error while creating message in satellite system as below:

Because of error 513, no message was created in Support Desk System

Kindly let me know whether this could be due to authorization??? Because in the satellite systems, I am unable to find the below roles:

SAP_SUPPDESK_PROCESS

SAP_SUPPDESK_DISPLAY

SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

SAP_SUPPDESK_ADMIN

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Service Desk is a pretty interesting and Rhobust tool that you can do quite a bit with. For you to be able to create a Service Desk ticket against a particular system, you need a BP (in Transaction BP) that has the Role 'Business Partner (Gen)' in the tab Identification and section Identification Numbers - you have to relate that BP to specific CRM Type Systems which they can create tickets for.

They are always the same - IDType is CRM001, Description is External System Identifier, and Identification number is <SID> <Installation Number> <client> <userid>.

Looks something like: SM4 0020217042 100 I812306

You do need your IBase setup properly for this to work as the objects relate back to the system and the IBase Component by the SID, Client and Installation Number. If you have not done your initial IBase Transfer as of yet, these functions will not work as they won't be able to relate objects to tickets. Once you get all your systems in a Solution Landscape (T-Code DSWP) you can use the Initial IBase Transfer under the Edit Drop-Down when you are in a particular landscape. You can further edit the objects (remove or fix anything) with T-Code IB52.

This is used to relate the ticket to the user that requested the ticket be created - so when you create a ticket, it matches all the pieces up and puts in the right BP for the ticket - otherwise it won't know what to do with it. It is also helpfull to limit certain users to putting in tickets on certain system but overall it is a bit of work to put them all in (I recommend putting together a BDC to enter the items, faster that way as you need an entry for each system, client combination). So if your satelite system has 4 clients, you will need 4 entries if the users is to be able to make a ticket from each of the 4 clients.

Before you do this - you do need a few more things first - the RFC in the BCOS_CUST table should be a trusted connection and not the BACK connection in the satelite systems (Solution Manager itself should be NONE). If you use the BACK connection, all tickets will be related to the BACK user defined in the RFC. For some shops this is ok but most want to know who sent the message so they know how to address the issue back to the user and use the enhanced email functions to email the creator of the ticket (the email address comes from the BP also so you need to remeber to maintain the communication details in teh Address tab also in T-Code BP). Also note that if you use the TRUSTED connection in the BCOS_CUST table, that the user must have a matching userid on the Solution Manager system with the S_RFCACL object to access the functions across the trusted connection and have the Service Desk roles for creating a Service Desk Ticket.

So hopefully that helps somewhat on describing these items and how they relate to each other going forward there is even more that you can do with Organizational Structure, groups, routing determination (such as a message created from a specific system gets routed to specific groups or based on component or some other items). You can go as deep as you want to.

The information above and the setup in the Blog will help you to create messages internally but not to send them to SAP - there are some more steps you need to complete for that to be finished - linking the UserID to the OSS S-ID and the Service Market Place Admin User. From these changes you can send/receive messages, attachments and OSS Notes from SAP.

Hope that helps - forever forward!!

Edited by: David Milliken on Apr 2, 2009 12:52 AM

Edited by: David Milliken on Apr 2, 2009 12:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Regards,

Kunal.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

1. Check table BCOS_CUST is configuration correctly in the satellite system.

Column 1: Application: OSS_MSG

Column 2: + : W

Column 3: RFC Destination: < RFC destination back to the SAP Solution Manager system, ex.SM_<SID>CLNT<Client>_BACK >

Column 4: + : CUST620

Column 5: + : 1.0

2.Chekc the RFC Destination User in the Solution manager have the following roles.

SAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE

SAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_ADMIN

Best Regards,

Wu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is common issue in Service Desk.

Please check note 864195.

Refer these forums where this issue is answered:

Regards,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checking the blog that is out there you referenced, it is quite interesting but it also missed a number of key points. One is that for a user to generate a Service Desk Message from a satelite you need to have a BP with role 'General' that also include the CRM Keys respective to the system and client that the message is being created from. So if you use a Trusted RFC in the BCOS_CUST table, the user that is attempting to create a Service Desk ticket must have both a User-ID and a BP with the General Role with the right CRM ID-Keys or you will get an error.

Until you get all these pieces put together you won't be able to create a remote service or web-based service desk ticket against any particular system.

Also insure that you IBase is configured with the respective systems and that they are showing the right installation keys and not a bunch of zero's.

There is a lot more to the setup than what is in the Blog but it is a good start point to getting it going. Do be sure that you look at the notes as there are a lot of them and from the last one that I configured, I do remeber that there were many more BC-Sets than what is defined in the Blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to David and Sanjai. Now the error is resolved. The problem was of authorization of the RFC user in Solman. SO I assigned the roles ZSAP_SUPPDESK_CREATE, ZSAP_SV_FDB_NOTIF_BC_CREATE to the RFC user and this solved the problem. (these roles I created after copying from SAP standard roles, as those were showing yellow in authorizations in PFCG).

But I would like to ask David about the Business Partner configuration & IBase, what exactly we need to do?

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal