Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation of stock - Material Price updation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I my scenario, I am using raw materials as follows -

Purchasing of RAW1 for WBS1, WBS2, WBS3 for different projects at different prices (100 for WBS1, 150 for WBS2, 200 for WBS3).

In my material master the price for the same RAW1 is maintained as 75.

My total valuation of RAW1 at company level becomes correct (100150200 = 450 and quantity 3).

But in this case, my material master price is not getting updated to 450/3 = 150.

It is remaining as 75.

Whenever I use same item, the planned cost will be considered as 75.

Someone has to manually update it to 150 in matrerial master which is a cumbersome task in case of thousands of materials.

And I need to update this for accurate cost run on the BOM where RAW1 is being used for next order (Essential during quotation).

Pl note I am not using quotation processing and WBS BOM, I am maintaining BOM at plant level and not a project specific. However I am using it at several instances / projects.

Is there any way by which the material master price can be updated automaticaaly to 150???

Pl help me for this solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses....

The problem is as follows -

I am maintaining the BOM in the system and using it for different projects. All the components will have MAP in master data

In the process, I am raising PR and PO for all these components which is project specific. This value may differ from the master data value. In effect, the price of FG increases. But this price will not be updated in master data record as everything is happening project specific.

Now next time when I am estimating the cost of same FG for different Project, system will not provide me the curent data, it will show me the price as per the master data price. Means system is not giving me the correct data.

Can anybody throw some light on this???....Pl help me out in finding correct solution on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal.

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

how about trying to setup vendor inforecords and then using this in the cost estimate of the FG?

best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Response...

They are not maintaining the vendor info records....

Is there any other way to do current costing???

Your inputs are precious

Regards,

Parimal

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I belive you could try to use the user exit (see note 386803) and then determine the aggregated stock value at the time you are doing the posting

best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Account assignment catagory is Q only

luis_rocha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the projects have its own stock?

Because, if it does, then the moving average of general stock is not affected by project stock specific movements, right?

best regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Luis said, MAP is not updated in case the stock is a special stock (E or Q).

The costing should be based upon the rate at which the material is purchased.

bye

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parimal,

What account assignment category are you using? Is it Q?

Pratap