Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile parameter name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

What is the profile parameter name which is used to increase the character length of user name?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like a trick question. If you can explain why you want to know, then it will be easier to help you - because the answer "depends"...

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is NO such profile parameter exists to control the character length of User Name.

You can change the character length of this field in the following way ONLY.

Go to TCode: SE11 and Change the character length of the field " BNAME " (Data Element: XUBNAME) in the USR* tables. Basically you need to change the Data element character length from default 12 to your desired value.

But the main heads up is that you need a Developer Access key, as this is "Modifiation" and Not customization.

Please let me know if these information is helpful.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Please let me know if these information is helpful.

Could be, if you added that changing this data element which is used to type countless fields in countless programs will cause a monumental problem which you will dearly regret...

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely..!!! There should not be any reason to change this SAP defaults even if client demands. It's the task of the consultant to convince them not to do so.

I just tried to rectify the concept that this is not controlled by profile parameters.

have nice day!!

Edited by: Dipanjan Sanpui on Mar 31, 2009 3:02 PM