cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell the difference in creating the TableControl using the wizard and manual creation?..Is there any drawback in using the wizard?

Pls Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

just have a look at the following link for:

<b>Creation of table controls using wizards:</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6d/150d67da1011d3963800a0c94260a5/content.htm

and further the same creation<b> manually</b> at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d1/802338454211d189710000e8322d00/content.htm

Going thru this will surely help u to make out the diff and drawbacks...

Regards,

Ananaya.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table Control and Table Control wizard are the two ways to dispaly the contents of Database Table in an Effective manner.

However , table control wizard helps you to get the data from only one database table. But the Advantage is you dont have to write much code. The wizard does everythoing for you.

On the other hand , in table control you can include the fields of more than one database table. And here you have to write more code.

So based on the requirement, you can use either the wizard or the table control.

Hope this solves ypur query.

If you want the steps how to implement the wizard or the create table control, you can again get back to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the wizard, I cant choose the option of insert/delete ( button )... I use a Z table.

what happens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no drawback of using the wizard and it would be helpful you to learn more.

go to se51.

select the table control icon

draw the table contol

select the data as per your requirement may be from internal table or the database table.

display the data through the report program.

so it is easy to do and time saving.

I hope thsi will help you to solve the problem.

Thanks

Mrutyunjaya Tripathy

hymavathi_oruganti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no drawback, u can use wizard, by selecting options exactly what u needed while creating.

if u create table control manually, the program will be precise and easily undersrtandable.

but u can use wizard, no drawback