cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file_file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After configuring the XI server I am doing first scenario in it that is file_file scenario. My problem is the file is not picking up. Is it configuration problem because even i checked in RWB there is no data coming.

Even I checked in sxmb_moni it is saying no msg available and in communication channel Monitoring I am getting error like Configured source directory 'd:\' does not exist.If i give any other path it is giving the samething.

Please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you manually try and open the directory d: in the source file system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya I can do that,moreover if i give different path aslo i am getting Configured source directory 'My Documents' does not exist.

please help me out i am trying since morning this error r esle it is configuration problem

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you checking the files?

Go to your Integration directory and see the name of the file system and make sure you are logging into that file system and not your Desktop.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering my questions wht I am doing is i gave for ex d:\ and file name send.xml and i copy the code from IR by clicking SRC and paste that code in notepad and i save that in d drive and I am giving NFS only in the transport protocol

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for answering my questions wht I am doing is i gave for ex d:\ and file name send.xml and i copy the code from IR by clicking SRC and paste that code in notepad and i save that in d drive and I am giving NFS only in the transport protocol

if you are using NFS then it means that the files should be on the XI server itself and not on a local machine. Confirm on this.

in case the files are not on XI server then for test purpose you can install a FTP server on your machine and use it . Ref: the blog i have provided earlier. Note that protocol will be FTP in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for answering my questions wht I am doing is i gave for ex d:\ and file name send.xml and i copy the code from IR by clicking SRC and paste that code in notepad and i save that in d drive and I am giving NFS only in the transport protocol

See, if you want to use NFS mode then first run transaction AL11 in your XI server to know which directory you want to use. Now copy the directory name from AL11 and paste it into your Sender File CC.

Again use transaction CG3Z in your XI server to upload the test file from your local dirive (D:\) to AL11 directory.

Now you are ready for testing.. it will be good if you set the processing mode as 'Delete' in your Sender CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much for ur reply but the thing is i copied directory DIR_TEMP FROM AL11 but when i gave cg3z in xi server it is saying t.code does not exist.

can u plz help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For copying file from local to XI

use TCODE SXDA_TOOLS

objectType : DXPROJECT

programType : BAPI

program :create

select copy button

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you can use SXDA_TOOLS tranaction code, and if you don't have authorization for it then ask your BASIS consultant to put the file in your source dir.

Here is the full method to upload the file on XI server..

The porcedure to put a file on server is as shown below:

1. Save your file in your local machine.

2. In XI server, enter the tranaction code "SXDA_TOOLS".

3. In the input screen, enter:
i) Object Type "DXPROJECT".
ii) Program Type "BAPI".
iii) Program "CREATE". 

4. Press Copy (Ctrl+F5) button.

5. Now, you will get another screen in which you will see 3 blocks called as "Source", "Target" and "Copy with/without conversion". 

6. In Source block, choose the radio button "Presentation Server" and then take F4 help to select your source file. (file which you have saved on your local machine)

7. In Target block select the radio button "Application Server", check the box "Remote server" and take F4 help to select your application server.

8. In the same block under "File Type" select "P physical file name" and under "File Name" write the path/directory name which you have mentioned in your communication channel along with the file name.

Example: suppose file name in your Comm Chanel is "demo.xml" and directory path is "/abc/testfiles/XML/", then in step 8 write "/abc/testfiles/XML/demo.xml".

Note: need not to do any thing in 3rd block.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the same thing wht u said but we r doing manual know actually it should pick by scenario and post in appls server kadha.

IF I wrong plz excuse but help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm... If you are using NFS then one thing is for sure that the test file must be in XI server dir, so for testing you have to do it manually but at real time your sender system should be able to put the file in XI server dir by using some FTP.

Why don't you go ahead with Vijay's solutions...

BTW, while giving points plz do a fare deal.... don't you think me or other expersts have suggested you right solution...

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

The steps that sarvesh has explained in detail, are the steps to keep your file in the SOURCE Directory.

From there, if your scenario will pick the file and place it in the TARGET File system's target directory.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raju

can u send me this secenario. ??

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using a FTP server on your machine?

Ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Inside the blog refer how to give the path name.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

path should have this slash----> /

also you have to put your file on the XI server itself and use sender file adapter with NFS