cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Propertys and Bundle Files help!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created 2 properties, 'costcenter' and 'employeenumber' and I have them mapped to the corisponding AD properties and added them in the various places for them to appear on the User Details popup, which they do.

However they appear as the property name not the label name I have specified in my bundle file e.g 'costcenter' displays as 'costcenter' instead of 'Cost Centre'.

I have user the following link to set this up: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/65/6fc63ed4027f6be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I have created 2 files MyBundle_en.properties and MyBundle.properties and they both contain the same text:

COSTCENTRE_LABEL=Cost Centre

EMPLOYEENUMBER_LABEL=Employee Number

I have ziped the files and rename it to MyBundle.jar and put it in the j2ee/cluster/server<n>/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/com.sap.km.common.resourcebundle/lib.

The label is specified in System Administration - System Configuration - Content Management - Global Services - Property Metadata - Properties in the section Key For Label.

The Metadata is specified in the Metadata Extension section.

I have restarted the J2EE engine and the property lablel has not changed. What am I doing wrong?

Message was edited by: Phil Wade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

the described process works only for SP2 but not for NW'04.

As you are on NW'04 you need to work as described here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/65/6fc63ed4027f6be10000000a114084/frameset.htm.

It's very easy if you use the example PAR file provided by SAP in SAP Note 817876, as mentioned in the referenced link (Prerequisites section).

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, I have tried deploying it but it is still not working. I will list my file and contents to see if that is a problem:

Bundle File: label.properties

ume_user_costcentre=Cost Centre

ume_user_employeenumber=Employee Number

DESCRIPTION_LABEL=Description

DEPARTMENT_LABEL=Department

Imported into the portal then property metadata created:

Still does not seem to work? Do you have an example BundleFile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

You need to go carefully through the provided link <b>and</b> the there mentioned links.

You should be able to get it working with the PAR file provided by SAP. If not, check my mail address from my profile and send me a short mail, I will send you another example PAR.

Please make sure that you have checked those things first:

1. If the bundle file are named label.properties, label_en.properties, then the location in the metadata extension must have the name com.arportal.km.resource.bundle.label (not lable<b>s</b>).

2. If you have changed the PAR file name ("customer" to "arportal") make sure you rename also the path to the bundle file and also the entry in RFServiceWrapper.java

3. When deploying with NWDS make sure you have set the option "Yes, I want the non java sources included into the portal component jars." You find this entry if you go to the menu "Window" -> "Preferences" -> "SAP Enterprise Portal" -> "Application Development Studio".

4. Deploying the bundle file might need a restart of KM, as hot deployment is not supported.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil

Did you manage to translate your custom properties through Roberts help?

According to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/d2ffd64602c149949ca3cf379dc295/frameset.htm it should not be possible to translate custom UME properties.

What version of KMC are you on?

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes and all works fine. Am using EP6 SP15!

Hope this helps

Answers (0)