cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_FQDN runtime error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following runtime error while testing my webdynpro application. Could somebody please advice only by just adding IP address and hostname in the hosts file solves the error?

If not what could be the problem ?

Error when processing your request

What has happened?

The URL http://hostnam:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zsales_test was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system EC6 : Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe (ctsgvcsap3 statt ctsgvcsap3.).

The error occurred on the application server ctsgvcsap3_EC6_00 and in the work process 6 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: CHECK of program CX_FQDN=======================CP

Method: LATE_CONSTRUCTOR of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

How to check whether FQDN is configured properly or not in the application server. Is it in my computer properties or somewhere else?

ECC6 is installed in some other machine. so we have to check the FQDN of the server where its installed right? If thats the case FQDN is configured in my case.

In my host file i have only localhost entry...i dont have entry for the ECC6 server.

Do i need to add an entry for ECC6 also?In the hostfile only hostname and IP or FQDN and IP should we give?

Please help me out..

Regards

Sireesha.

Edited by: sireesha esukapalli on Mar 31, 2009 11:33 AM

Edited by: sireesha esukapalli on Mar 31, 2009 11:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

To fix the problem properly, you need to make sure that your network administrators setup a named alias that meets the FQDN rules for your ABAP system. You then use this name in the following profile parameters:

The following variables and parameters are used to set the host and domain names:

● SAPLOCALHOST

● SAPLOCALHOSTFULL

● icm/host_name_full

It is all layed out in the help documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. Basis have not configured host_name_full paramater. So thats why i am getting the excpetion always.

Its solved now.

Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomos ,

My basis have setup the parameter as per this thread. Still I am getting the following error message .

The URL http://sapserver:8001/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zz_00_sflight was not called due to an error.

Note

u2022 The following error text was processed in the system DM0 : Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe (sapserver statt sapserver.).

u2022 The error occurred on the application server sapserver_DM0_01 and in the work process 0 .

u2022 The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

u2022 The ABAP call stack was:

Method: CHECK of program CX_FQDN=======================CP

Method: LATE_CONSTRUCTOR of program CL_WDR_UCF====================CP

Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

What can I do?

u2022 If the termination type was RABAX_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination in the system DM0 in transaction ST22.

u2022 If the termination type was ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination on the application server sapserver_DM0_01 in transaction SM21.

u2022 If the termination type was ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can search for more information in the trace file for the work process 0 in transaction ST11 on the application server sapserver_DM0_01 . In some situations, you may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

u2022 If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Error code: ICF-IE-http -c: 800 -u: SAPUSER -l: E -s: DM0 -i: sapserver_DM0_01 -w: 0 -d: 20090818 -t: 160133 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

When I have checked at ST22 . It shows source code extract -

-

error at Method check

Raise exception type cx_fqdn

exporting host = lv_host

domain = '' .

Please guide me to resolve this .

Thanks.

Best Regards

Milind Nikumbh.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

How are you launching the application? Via an old link or by typing it in? The profile parameter only changes the URL generation by the system (such as launching the application from SE80). If you are launching the application and the URL generation is still incorrect then your basis team either hasn't actually set the profile parameter or they haven't restarted the ICM/System for the change to take effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomos ,

Thanks for your reply .

I am executing my application from se80 only. I

I have changed the profile from RZ10 ( INSTANACE PROFILE ) set saplocalhost = sapserver, saplocalhostfull = sapserver,

icm/host_name_full = sapserver .

I have restarted the application server 3/4 times . I can see the profile details thru RZ11 for the same.

When I debug the application by external debugger , gets error at method check , line no. 10.

It shows lv_host = sapserver , lv_port = 8001 . , at line split lv_host at ':' into lv_host lv_port ,

it raise exception type cx_fqdn . How to avoid this exception . My lv_host = sapserver and port = 8001 . Is this wrong port or hot name ?

Please guide me to resolve this .

Best Regards

Milind Nikumbh.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Do you mean that you have literally set the value to sapserver? If so that isn't a fully qualified domain name. Read the rules for FQDN. You have to have at least a host and a domain name to FQDN compliant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am executing my application from laptop (standalone ). It is in workgroup not in domain . What to do in such cases .

Thanks

Milind.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You have to "fake" being in a domain. That means going ahead and setting up a FQDN on the server side. Then you can go into the HOSTS file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc (adjust for where you windows directory is installed). You can add an entry that maps an IP address to any hostname you want. Personally I always install the Microsoft Loopback connector and assign it an IP address of 10.10.0.10. I then map this loopback IP address to whatever full hostname and domain I want. The Loopback connector ensures that you can still use the ABAP-AS system even when not attached to any network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks a lot .

Problem solved by suffixing the dns .

Your web dynpro development tutorial pdfs are really good sir .

Best regards

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

During web dynpro development , most of the list / messages / names / alerts are in german language.

My logon laguage is english . How can I changed to it english . Error dumps are also in german .

Please suggest .

Thanks

Milind.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Thomas ,

>

> During web dynpro development , most of the list / messages / names / alerts are in german language.

>

> My logon laguage is english . How can I changed to it english . Error dumps are also in german .

>

> Please suggest .

>

> Thanks

>

> Milind.

That shouldn't be the case if your system is the final release and has been installed correctly. English text elements should be supplied for everything. If you are logged in with English then you shoul donly see German texts if the English texts are missing. This generally only happens with early, SAP internal builds of the ABAP engine before translation has been completed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my ABAP Trial version 7.01

the URL of the web dynpro app is http://Bijo-PC:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zcs_course_system

The initial problem was that the services was not active. I activated the relevant web dynpro services in transaction SICF then got another problem, CX_FQDN terrmination type RABAX_STATE. I had some trouble with transaction RZ10 initially, when I clicked on the possible entries(F4) of the 'Profile' field in RZ10, I got a 'no profile found' message. Today I tried it again and

got three options, I chose the 'Instance Profile'. The change option took me to the listing of parameters of the profile but I could not

see the icm/host_name_full parameter in the listing. I am not sure what the problem is, but yesterday I logged into the ABAP server as SAP* and in RZ10 selected the Utilities->Import Profiles->of active servers. Could this have affected the profile?

When I click on the Goto->Profile values->Of a Server in transaction RZ10 and double click on the server name, I see all the parameters including icm/host_name_full which is empty.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

0 Kudos

Hello Biju,

You can add new entries of parameters in the profile in rz10.

search for the icm\host_name_full there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind,

This is kk , i am also facing the same problem as urs. Pls give me clear idea as well as steps how to solve this issue . I AM USING ECC6 IN MY PERSONAL LAPTOP.

Error when processing your request

What has happened?

The URL http://home1:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wdr_test_navigation was not called due to an error.

Note

 The following error text was processed in the system DEV : Component WDR_TEST_NAVIGATION is not active

 The error occurred on the application server home1_DEV_00 and in the work process 0 .

 The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

 The ABAP call stack was:

Method: CONSTRUCTOR of program SAPLWDR_RUNTIME_REPOSITORY

Function: WDR_GET_REPOSITORY of program SAPLWDR_RUNTIME_REPOSITORY

Method: IF_WDR_UCF_RUNTIME_CALLBACK~PRELOAD_APPLICATION of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP

What can I do?

 If the termination type was RABAX_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination in the system DEV in transaction ST22.

 If the termination type was ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can find more information on the cause of the termination on the application server home1_DEV_00 in transaction SM21.

 If the termination type was ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE, then you can search for more information in the trace file for the work process 0 in transaction ST11 on the application server home1_DEV_00 . In some situations, you may also need to analyze the trace files of other work processes.

 If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Error code: ICF-IE-http -c: 001 -u: J2EE_ADMIN -l: E -s: DEV -i: home1_DEV_00 -w: 0 -d: 20090811 -t: 105809 -v: RABAX_STATE -e: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

Regards

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sireesha,

I am facing same error.

my problem is that I am using local host, no domain.

is it possible to configure icm/host_name_full = vmerpb.home.net?

home.net is a dummy domain name I used.

Thanks!

George