cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Regarding project numbering, i dont want to use a mask id (we just want an incremented number) to make the determination of the project number.

Would you know a way to force the project number at the creation, to avoid that the user can choose any number he want via the "find open number" pop up screen?

Thanks in advance,

Nathalie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in the project coding mask you have to define as "0000" and you can get relavent open numbers by clicking the open number button from the screen and you have to give the start value and click on find.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No need to use cosing mask. Just set up Validation using the Project Profiles, as

Prerequisite

PROJ-PROFL = "ABC"

Check

PROJ-PSPID LIKE '+++++++++'

This will allow you to create Project defn with 9 numbers for a particular project profile and validate the same. I have used this method in my last project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarang ,

This Seems to be very interseting can u pls eleborate this , and also can this be used in conjunction with the Codeing MASK , eg if we have a coding mask as ABC-XXXX-00000, so can this create the Project no as ABC-XXXX-0001 and so on .

As this can be the requirement of many

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shashank,

If you are using coding mask, its a standard functionality. In such a case use Validation

Prerequisite

PROJ-PROFL = "ABC"

Check

PROJ-PSPID LIKE 'ABC++++++'

System will validate that for a particular profile proj starts with ABC. Now coming to coding mask, use it as

ABC-000000-00000 and tick the edit box in OPSK. This will ensure that your proj is always equivalent to coding mask length i.e ABC-12345 (as mentioned in Validation) and not ABC-12 or ABC-1 or ABC-1234 etc. This will not work with XXXXX in coding mask.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

But that way you are not automatically proposing the project number, avoiding people from creating any number they want, are you?

As I understood the question the requirement may be that if project ABC-0001 and ABC-0002 exist then only ABC-0003 can be created. Is that the case?

Kind regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. If you use ABC-00000-0000 as coding mask by checking the edit box in OPSK, the system will propose next number i.e if you just type ABC1 the system will automatically propose ABC-00003 and not ABC-3. No question of sytem proposing ABC-00001 and ABC-00002 as they already exsist.

Thanks