cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent the CIF to create product location master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does someone know if it is possible to use the CIF between R/3 and APO just for master data update purposes?

I explain: the product location master data are created directly in APO with a program not with the CIF but we do not want the CIF to recreate these product location master data as they are already created but we just want the CIF to update some fields.

If someone already experiment this case and knows how it is possible to use the CIF only for change mode and not with creation mode, I am interested with explanations, documents and so on.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand your issue.

You can have CIF create the products then you can manually update the fields you want directly in APO. You can also control which fields CIF updates in APO.

So what is the issue with CIF creating the products in the first place?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think we can control CIF integration model in that way. I suggest you try creating some customised user exits or BADI to achieve this using an abapper.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The required fields that are to be updated can be done very well in APO via LSMW without CIF. But you need integration model active for transactional data. For future changes in APO for master data, that has to be done directly into APO. Hence as per your scenario, for master data CIF will be inactive and changes will be done directly into APO via lsmw and your customised programme. Transactional data will be via CIF integration model.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot R. Senthil , your scenario is based on active model for transactionnal data and LSMW for master data updates but in the case we want active model for transactionnal and *master* data. Is there somewhere a way to intervene in sort of the CIF with an active integration model on master date doesn't create the productlocation master data in APO but only updates the fields of productlocation master data when needed/scheduled.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MNIANG ,

We are using a CIF user exit to populate fields which are not brought in by material master from R/3. [eg : SNP production horizon, etc] We have maintained a Z table. The user exit reads the values from the table [the values are entered by the planner at the product location level or at the location level]. During CIF, the user exit reads the values in the z table and updated the fileds in the product master accordingly.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Budhiraja on Apr 4, 2009 3:10 PM