cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove TAB order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a ReadOnly Text field in between a group of fields. When using TAB order, I dont want the control to go to that ReadOnly field at any point of time. (i.e) remove that field from TAB order sequence.

How can I do that ?

Thanks,

Prabhakar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to change the 'access' property of the field :

u2022 u201Copenu201D : default, allows updating without restriction

u2022 u201Cprotectedu201D : manual changes are not allowed, functions can change the object however. The object will also participate in the tabbing sequence (switching of fields when pressing u201CTabu201D)

u2022 u201CreadOnlyu201D : same as protected, but excluded from the tabbing sequence

u2022 u201CnonInteractiveu201D : the contents of the object can not be changed at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik-Jan Roose,

Changing the 'access' property of the field to 'protected' has solved my problem. Thanks.

<Field>.access = "protected";

Prabhakar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed that TextField to Static Text Field, and now this field is not in the TAB order sequence. (Text.rawValue = "some text" is also working for static text field).

But, still the question persists, how to avoid the TAB order for a field in the Tab sequence ?

Thanks,

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't found a way to fully exclude a field from a tab sequence - the best I could do was to put those fields at the very end of the tab order.